1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  2. This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Cockatiel sick

Discussion in 'Bird Emergency Highway 911' started by Mehrab Hossian, 11/24/17.

1. Mehrab Hossian

Mehrab Hossian Checking out the neighborhood

Mehrab Hossian
    this is Kiwi my 1 month old cockatiel
    Hes probably very sick took him to a vet and he told us to give him multi-vitamins an eye drop and an ointment on the infected eye(Left-Eye) and anti biotics dissolved in water
    Kiwi keeps him head tilted backwards and and ALWAYS ALWAYS keeps his eyes closed we dont know how it happened to his eye but now the flesh below his bottom beak is now swelling up too

Here are the pictures:attachments - Google Drive

2. Wasabisaurus

Wasabisaurus Biking along the boulevard Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you?

Mother Monster
    I'd get him back to the vet. Poor little guy.

Lady Jane and iamwhoiam like this.
  3. CeciliaZ

CeciliaZ Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Cecilia
    Please take him back to the vet - I hope he will be OK.

4. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you? I Can't Stop Posting!

Michelle
    I hope he will be ok.

5. greys4u

greys4u Rollerblading along the road

Get him to the vet and ask if he needs to see an eye specalist

6. hrafn

hrafn Meeting neighbors

Poor baby! I agree, he should have another visit with the vet to get that swelling checked. I hope he gets better soon!

7. Birdbabe

Birdbabe Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Antibiotics in water is not good enough, she won't get the correct amount since tiels don t usually drink a lot of water. Is this baby weaned? A month old may still require hand feeding..I would definitely recommend a second vet visit, especially if the area below the beak is swelling. Hope she will be ok.

rockybird, Tiel Feathers and hrafn like this.
  8. Tiel Feathers

Tiel Feathers Biking along the boulevard Avenue Spotlight Award I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you?

Deanna
    I hope she will be okay! Keep her very warm and take her back to the vet. Are you still hand feeding her? Ask the vet about antibiotics taken orally.

9. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

I hope Kiwi will be OK. Get him back to vet ASAP. If necessary maybe someone here can recommend a vet to you if you tell us your approximate location. Are you handfeeding him?

10. WendyN

WendyN Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month Santa Coco ROCKS the SOCKS

Wendy
    Prayers for Kiwi.
    Is there another Avian vet in your area. May be good to get a second diagnosis ASAP.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)