• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cockatiel Questions

JellotheTiel

Moving in
Real Name
Cindy
I just got a Cockatiel a couple of days ago, and I am a new bird owner. My Cockatiel, Jello, spends most of her time on the bottom of the cage, and she/he doesn't really go on the perches. Jello likes the swing, but she/he only goes on it when we put him/her on it. She/He has also been having diarrhea and falls of the perches after standing on them too long. She/He likes to climb the walls, and I have only seen him/her eat one pellet, millet and seeds. She/He has not been seen by anyone to drink water and she/he was only just weaned when we got her/him 3 days ago. Jello was hand-tame, and learned the up command very quickly. She/He is going to the vet tomorrow, and I am wondering if She/He is just adjusting. Also, what toys do cockatiels like? Jello does not play with one of her toys at all, and only seems mildly interested in her bells.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Welcome! It is possible that your baby has regressed if they are just newly weaned. Are you feeding the same food that she was weaned onto? How old are they? It is good you are taking them to the vet, as those combinations could be stress or could be illness.

As for toys, my cockatiel customers at Small Parrot Toys by Lil Monsters Bird Toys like balsa, cork, shred paper, mahogany pods, and super thin pine.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum! Let us know how the vey appointment goes. Tiels can have watery droppings when stressed and it does take time to settle in. A vet check is a good idea though especially if the watery droppings continue.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator