• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cockatiel Language

ArowanaLover

Sprinting down the street
Nigel has some strange things that he does while trying to "talk," he often keeps his crest raised, so i am assuming that crest down is anger. Some other things he does are strange prolonged squeals, which i also translate for distress or anger. Are these correct, or is every bird different

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

ArowanaLover

Sprinting down the street
He usually keeps his crest straight up, also when i left my room today, Nigel started screaming (a noise that could be heard across the entire house) and when i came back he stopped, i am happy he does not want me to go, but it may prove to be a problem later.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He usually keeps his crest straight up, also when i left my room today, Nigel started screaming (a noise that could be heard across the entire house) and when i came back he stopped, i am happy he does not want me to go, but it may prove to be a problem later.
Flock calling is normal. I just usually call back and tell my tiel everything is fine. That usually settles him down.