• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cockatiel ill?

Tashmle

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Natasha
Hi

I have a female cockatiel, about 3 years old. Shes in season at the minute. Past two days her big poos have been very runny. Her little ones arent as runny but still not quite right. Hasnt had a change in diet and is not acting differently. Is it something to worry about?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sometimes the droppings get more watery when they are going to lay eggs/laying eggs. Keep monitoring her and if in doubt take her to the vet.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Hi

I have a female cockatiel, about 3 years old. Shes in season at the minute. Past two days her big poos have been very runny. Her little ones arent as runny but still not quite right. Hasnt had a change in diet and is not acting differently. Is it something to worry about?
Are you talking about the first morning poo? Those are usually big (for all of them) but if "mom" has a morning poo that looks huge she's probably close to laying eggs if she hasn't already. They hold it until they are out of the nestbox. Is she eating and doing other things normally?

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
When my tiel, Lily is laying - her morning poos are very large and smelly - but not necessarily "runny". yes...they will hold it all night. Has she laid eggs before? If so, is it similar to last time? Do you weigh her or know her usual weight? When Lily is over her weight by 8-10 g, and is acting hormonal and nesty - I know an egg is on its way.