• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Cockatiel hallucinating

Alupark

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi, my cockatiels name is Justin. He went sick 2 weeks ago. He gets sick every year around this time but for short time like 3 or 4 days and i take care of him untill hes ok. The symptoms are weakness, unwanted movements of wings and tapping feet. That was until last year but this year on top of all of that half his body got paralyzed he couldn't move the right half of his body even his eye didn't see. There is no vet available nearby so i just kept him warm fed him soft food water and stuff. In 2 days he got better he could move his body but that half was weak like he couldn't feel it much. Two day's ago he recoverd it was just his eye that didn't see well. From last night until now he became able to see and move both sides but he's panicking, hasn't slept much and not making any sounds just flying and hitting himself every where. Im holding him know so he won't get hurt. Help because now im panicking.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
You really need to find a vet. If you have to drive, online consult etc. I hope he will be ok.