• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Cockatiel bad wing

TerraLuna

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi this is my first time posting.
I have a 5 year old male cockatiel named Luna. For a long time now he has had an issue with one of his wings, to me it seems infected and he seems in a lot of pain, I have taken him to the vets and they have done blood tests but they all came back fine and I feel like they aren't being helpful but this is the only avarian vet near me... I feed him a variety of foods such as leafy greens, chop, seeds and pellets... I'm just so lost and I can't bare to see him in pain like this.. does anyone have any idea what this is and what I can do to help? (That isn't his usually cage just the small cage I take him out in to get some sun.)
IMG20200501122448.jpg

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Does he mutilate it?

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Has he been tested for Giardia?? I only ask, coz I had a teil with something similar on her wings..is he at least on metacam and baytril?

TerraLuna

Checking out the neighborhood
Has he been tested for Giardia?? I only ask, coz I had a teil with something similar on her wings..is he at least on metacam and baytril?
No he hasnt been tested for giardia and isn't currently on any medication... I feel like my vets have really let me down :(

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
No he hasnt been tested for giardia and isn't currently on any medication... I feel like my vets have really let me down :(
Get a second opinion Sweetheart,,