• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

cluster of lumps on my cockatiels wing

Status
Not open for further replies.

imahappymess

Moving in
My cockatiel has lumpy clusters on the top and bottom of one wing. It seems like it is getting bigger :/ He doesn't act like it bothers him. He's still been eating and drinking normally. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? any info would be appreciated! thank you :)

Attachments

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
he needs to be seen by an Avian vet ASAP it could be as little as ingrown feathers or as big as tumors only a vet can tell you though.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Birds will ignore pain and try to hide any weakness as much as possible so you might not be able to tell whats going on by how he's behaving.

It's obviously some kind of infection or injury. He needs to be diagnosed and treated by an avian vet. The sooner the better.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
I agree with the two above posts. Do you need help finding an Avian Vet? You really need to have this evaluated ASAP.

pinkparrot

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tiffany
Oh no! I hope your baby gets seen by a vet soon!

imahappymess

Moving in
Thanx guys!

I will see what I can do. I don't have any money right now to take him. Maybe I can find somewhere low cost or research it more..to see if there is anything I can do to help him. His previous owner ran his wing under warm water and that seemed to help it go down some.

pinkparrot

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tiffany
so he has had this problem for some time? did you just get him?

imahappymess

Moving in
I've had him for about 5 months now. When it first showed up it wasn't as big as it is now. The ex owner told me to run his wing under warm water..put a peroxide and water mixture on it..So I've tried everything she told me..and it doesn't seem to be getting better :/

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
don't use peroxide on a bird! it burns their skin!

this needs to be seen by a vet, no home remedy is going to fix it! it can be a multitude of things, like i mentioned earlier could be feathers growing in wrong (ingrown feathers- similar to a humans ingrown hair but worse) , could be tumors, could be infections Either way a vet is the only thing this bird needs right now.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Thanx guys!

I will see what I can do. I don't have any money right now to take him. Maybe I can find somewhere low cost or research it more..to see if there is anything I can do to help him. His previous owner ran his wing under warm water and that seemed to help it go down some.
Some vets allow you to pay the bill(s) off, so you could ask if you could arrange a payment plan or something.

Really does need to be looked at though, it could be doing more harm then good the longer it is left.

pinkparrot

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tiffany
look up care credit.com they can finance vet bills.

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Poor thing. I pray you are able to work something out to take him in to get this checked out. I take it the previous owner never took him to an avian vet for this issue.

It would bother me if I had that on my body.

Blackford

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tyne
I get that but what do you do when you can't afford it?
You do WHATEVER you have to!! Beg/borrow/steal(mabye not steal!!)

What about a credit card? They all offer 6 months interest free that way you can pay it back... Also what about a family member/friend you could lent some money from and pay them back when you can??

I always have a stash of money for emergencies,(the parrots are cheap, I have horses! try getting those bills :omg::omg:)

Good luck getting your baby sorted out

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Most caring vets will let you make payments, let us know. :hug8:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Or you can offer to trade work for care. You can file, clean out cages, mow lawns, paint steps, shovel snow, any kind of skills you have that you can work off the bill.

Ginger

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've had him for about 5 months now. When it first showed up it wasn't as big as it is now. The ex owner told me to run his wing under warm water..put a peroxide and water mixture on it..So I've tried everything she told me..and it doesn't seem to be getting better :/
Looks like he has Xanthomas on his wing tip.

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
I always have a stash of money for emergencies,(the parrots are cheap, I have horses! try getting those bills :omg::omg:)
:faint: Just GOT one of those bills, my heart stopped when I saw it!
Yes, I have a credit card that I keep available for emergencies with my birds/pets. Its got a high cap on it, so that should something happen, I can provide treatment immediately and make payments later.

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Poor thing. I pray you are able to work something out to take him in to get this checked out. I take it the previous owner never took him to an avian vet for this issue.

It would bother me if I had that on my body.
I agree with ya... I wouldn't want this on my body either.. Please take this little one to the avian vet...

Status
Not open for further replies.