• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Clipped wings or not?

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Hey everyone,
I'm having a problem with my cockatiel. She is constantly scratching underneith her wing(s) and always comes out of her cage with blood all over her beak. I've tried Bedadine and other creams and its healed, but when its almost fully healed she starts scratching again and I'm not sure what to do about it, I don't want her to get and infection. Anyone know how to help me, please?:sad11::tieln:

She already has an infection. What other creams? On whose advice are you using these things? When was her last vet visit?

Start a new thread as mentioned.

Pearl_Tiel

Moving in
Real Name
Jordyn Turner

Might want to start your own thread so it gets more attention. What advice has the vet given you?
The onlt vet closed by doens't know much about birds, so I've been trying to get in contact with the breededr, but she has changed her number.

Pearl_Tiel

Moving in
Real Name
Jordyn Turner
She already has an infection. What other creams? On whose advice are you using these things? When was her last vet visit?

Start a new thread as mentioned.
I've used paw paw cream on it, but mainly bedadine which worked for a long time, but when we stopped putting it on she started scratching again. She has been to the vet recently, but they don't know much about birds there, so I've been trying to contact the breeder. I don't know much about bird health so I've been using the internet advice.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Where are you located? Maybe we can help you find a vet near you. Even if there is an experienced avian vet within a couple of hours from you it would be worth it.

Shinobi

Jogging around the block
Rob Marshall at Carlingford is an Avian Vet