• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Clicking while breathing

Ilse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Em
A few minutes ago Rockie was on my desk pacing back and forth. She was breathing pretty heavily and making little clicking noises and chirps while she did so. I picked her up and it stopped completely, she was breathing normally, no clicking, and now she's on top of her cage puffed up on one leg, grinding her beak.

Should I be concerned? I saw lots of people online say this can be deadly but if something was wrong she wouldn't be back to normal so soon would she? (I know birds hide illness until it's too late, but she always sits on one leg, grinds her beak and puffs up)

(she is eating and drinking just fine)

Last edited:

Catherine89

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Catherine
When in doubt I always take my birds to the vet. I’d rather pay for a vet check and my baby’s be perfectly healthy than not and they be sick. If it continues to concern you I would definitely have your little bird checked. Eating and drinking is always a good Singh. You are right though birds are very good about hiding illnesses

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Where these clicking noises really fast?

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
I'd keep an eye on her... Buuuut my lovebirds do make a loud clicky noise and pace when they get in the mood for Barry White and Jello shots, if you know what I mean. I've heard/seen both my males and females engaging in that behavior.