• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cleaning safety questions

Gracie_Bean

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Grace
So, my family is hiring a maid who will come in the next month and I want to make sure that no accidental harm will come to Niko, my GCC. My plan is to keep her in my room in her sleep cage and tell the maid not to clean in that room. I will also place the cage next to an open window, which I know to be aware of overheating and drafts, but in this case I think it will do more help than harm. I'm also going to ask the maid to go light on the aerosols. Will Niko be safe from any fumes from the cleaning and possibly aerosols? Please let me know, the last thing I want to do is put my baby in a dangerous situation.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I have dealt with a few companies that will only use the products they have or were given, if they cant, I dont use them. I have found someone who is local and will use the organic products I have, not theirs. Are there ceiling vents nearby, if so close them, fold a towel and place it against the bottom of the door. If in doubt, call your vet and explain the situation to them, I have done it many times