• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cleaning rope perches?

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I wrap my rope perches with vet wrap, keeps them cleaner and when dirty pull the wrap off and replace.

Jenphilly

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Does anyone put them in the washing machine?

Depending on type you use. The ones with plastic caps do just okay on top rack only. And not for routine because glue will degrade and pull out of end cap

The ones with the washer/ wingnuts seem a bit tougher, but again only for deep cleaning.

Using aviclean or vinegar / water soak and then a good scrub brush and rinse well. I've ven thrown them in dryer on low heat

Parakeet88

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I wrap my rope perches with vet wrap, keeps them cleaner and when dirty pull the wrap off and replace.
My GCC doesn't seem to like the vet wrap. I put some on one of his perches because it had a crack in it and I didn't want him to get his toe stuck. I also put some on one spot of his carrier perch thinking it'd be more comfortable but he never really goes on it

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
My GCC doesn't seem to like the vet wrap. I put some on one of his perches because it had a crack in it and I didn't want him to get his toe stuck. I also put some on one spot of his carrier perch thinking it'd be more comfortable but he never really goes on it

Try different colours. Green and beige are more natural colours. Quack has freaked over yellow and other colours and sometimes avoids it for a few days but eventually will step on it.

Parakeet88

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Try different colours. Green and beige are more natural colours. Quack has freaked over yellow and other colours and sometimes avoids it for a few days but eventually will step on it.
They send me a random color when I order them. First time was pink :wtf: and next time I got blue but will try to get some other colors to experiment with.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I put my boings through the dishwasher for the first time ever yesterday and I'll never go back to doing it by hand! So easy and I've not seen them so clean since i bought them!

Whenever I wash anything I try to put it in the sunlight today - sunlight kills bacteria.

To some degree. Only stuff on the surface. Anything embedded in fibers, wood, etc, to my knowledge, will be unaffected

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
For those who use the dishwasher - do you use a regular dishwasher soap pac? or something else?