• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Claudé's bird-day

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Today is Claudé's 18th bird-day. She hatched out 5/3/2001, 3 days after her sister, Sophie. Birds had Chia Kale Crisps and small pieces of vanilla cupcake in honor of the sisters' bird-days as well as Cody's bird-day. Dogs also had a little bit of cupcake.

The sisters' presents were just delivered by UPS about 5 mins. ago so will open package and give those to them tomorrow.

claude 5-19b.jpg

claude 5-19a.jpg

Will take some photos (better ones) when I give the sisters their bird-day gifts tomorrow. Will use my camera with my new lens instead of my cell phone.

Last edited:

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Many happy returns! Congrats Mama, that's a job very well done!!!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
What a cutie! :fairy:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Happy Birdday Claude you pretty girl you!:birthday:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:bdayparty:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Eloy She didn't touch the piece of cupcake but she did eat the AO Chia Kale Crisp. Most of my birds won't eat cupcakes or cake which is a good thing. Don't know why I offer it to them.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Happy 18th birthday Claude! Wow... 18 years... She's a beauty!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:congrats5::birthday::party:I guess I did not celebrate Pennys or really post it. Not exactly sure but think it was early April! She;s 22!

Everyday is special here though. Penny gets alot of special attention. I try to keep them bot happy but Rio is not fond of much but safflower seeds & he likes most veggies & fruit.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Most of my birds won't eat cupcakes or cake which is a good thing. Don't know why I offer it to them.
Beacuse you want some yourself? :D

It's the same thing here. I don't think they believe that cake is something you can eat. Lucky us. :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Happy 18th birthday Claude!!! :fairy2: :starshower1::starshower1::starshower1::starshower1::starshower1::starshower1::starshower1::starshower::starshower::starshower::starshower:
:birthday: :bdayparty:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Beacuse you want some yourself? :D

It's the same thing here. I don't think they believe that cake is something you can eat. Lucky us. :)

The birds very rarely get cake. It's usually just for special occasions. Jake, Casey, Keno, Cody, Shannon and Spee LOVE cake. Some of the other birds will take a taste but don't eat it and others won't even touch it. I bought mini cupcakes and there was very little left for me and that's the way I wanted it. Used to buy a round layer cake and then start picking on what was left and/or give some to friends or relatives but the cupcakes cost less and there isn't much left for me to eat.

:congrats5::birthday::party:I guess I did not celebrate Pennys or really post it. Not exactly sure but think it was early April! She;s 22!

Everyday is special here though. Penny gets alot of special attention. I try to keep them bot happy but Rio is not fond of much but safflower seeds & he likes most veggies & fruit.

Happy belated 22nd bird-day to Penny.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Well cake is just bread with sugar & without the yeast. So what if your birds enjoy it once a year is OK...

I think a nice chunk of blueberry muffin would be a great bday present too & maybe easier to hold. Penny gets homemade buttermilk corn muffins only sweetened w a lil honey & a splash of oil. I use coarse & med ground cornmeal & no flour! I add cranberries or nuts sometimes. They are quite healthy so Penny gets treated very well on a weekly basis so what if I let her B'Day slide but I was jetlagged & sleep deprived & worn out from dragging her on 3 buses to the vet when I was still not quite in this world. Still she is a dear sweet joy to my heart!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm not even sure of some of my birds' hatch days or gotcha days and Penny doesn't know the difference. Do you know Rio's hatch date?

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I'm not even sure of some of my birds' hatch days or gotcha days and Penny doesn't know the difference. Do you know Rio's hatch date?
No idea of Rio's. Only that The bird Lady said he was about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 years old when I first found him in Sept 2014. I did not actually get him til a few days before Thanksgiving 2014 So I just use Thanksgiving as his special day!!! I guess he would have been born in 2013 sometime so guess that makes him about 6 years old...

Pennys original owner sent me his DNA & Gene papers as they have her DNA held at some university...Anyway the date of has & for some reason I have this info which gives a day

Doh April 6, 1997 9 grams
Parents Huff & Fluff

Date I got Penny April 29, 2018 so just a little over 21 yo

Still I found her brother bought at the same time same store...that one she was brought back too & they think he was hatched mid March 1997. Harley is his name & he has the same parents & his band # is one before Penny's so he is her slightly older brother!!! Hows that for detective work!!!! Still could there be 3 weeks between hatching of eggs in a clutch???

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
3 weeks...not normally but then I don't know everything about breeding and hatching when it comes to most bird species except the ones I've raised. Maybe the hatch date was towards the end of March. That would make more sense.

Parents: Huff and Fluff.....:)
April 6 is a very good day to hatch.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Pennys fav thing up there with almonds & maybe even more are Trader Joes Organic stone ground blue corn chips with quinoa & amaranth!!!. They are actually pretty healthy w not too much salt. I always have to have a bag & thats her night snack or whenever treat!