• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Citron cockatoo needs rehoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cristin111

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Cristin
Hello everyone,

I live in palmdale , california and have a citron cockatoo that i am looking to rehome . I was recently on craigslist looking through the ads and saw someone was selling this citron cockatoo. The ad said that someone had given this bird to them and they couldnt keep him. They were asking $1000 for a rehoming fee. Well it was the picture that they had posted of him that concerned me because he was in a small dog cage. I was hoping maybe they just took the picture of him in a carrying cage and that they werent keeping him in it all of the time. Well when i inquired about him and asked if he came with a cage they said no because he was in the cage that her mom used for theyre dog when they would take it somewhere in the car. I was absolutely disgusted. I asked if i could come see the bird just to make sure i was right about the conditions they were keeping this bird in and i was right. They had him in a cage for a dog that couldnt have been bigger than 2' by 2 1/2' big, with barely enough room to turn around and no perch at all for him to stand on and all they were feediing him was millet . They said they had him for about a month in that cage. I was absolutely disgusted . How this poor bird had been living and even though i was not looking to buy another parrot because i already have an african grey and amazon parrot, i felt like i couldnt leave this bird living like this so i ended up buying him to get him away from that situation. And now im looking to rehome him to someone who has experience with birds and will take care of him properly. I have no idea how old he is and he does have feathers plucked on his chest im sure due to stress. Hes semi tame, i think he just needs someone who is willing to help his regain his confidence again. Im not as concerned about a rehoming fee as i am that he gets a good home. Any suggestions or anyone that is local to palmdale, ca or the los angeles area interested in him please let me know. The first picture of him was the of him in the cage they had him in. The secon one is of him at my house.
Thank you

Attachments

KatelynDeanne

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
Im not in CA but this breaks my heart of the conditions he was in. THANK YOU for taking him. That was so nice of you. You have a wonderful heart! :heart: I hope he finds a good home. Too bad you cant keep him :( Im sure someone on here will take him. Too bad I cant get my cousin to take him. Im not sure what side of CA shes in but I know I have been telling her about my bird and she is interested in them. Who knows. I can ask her for you .

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Thank you for helping him!

Tanya

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
Is he still in quarantine? How does he do with other birds?

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Thank you for rescuing this soul.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Beautiful bird and thank you for rescuing him. Looks pretty darn happy and content there!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
He/she looks so happy at your home.

Go for it Bob.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Go for it Bob.
...some things are just not possible, unfortunately...I know my wife would file for divorce if I asked to take another 'too in...

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Aw... Bless his little naked heart and yours too! Thanks for being such a kind and giving person! Lovely stand! I'm sure someone will come along and give him a great home!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
...some things are just not possible, unfortunately...I know my wife would file for divorce if I asked to take another 'too in...
We wouldn't want that.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I don't think you can have an African Grey and Cockatoo together because of the feather dust. There was a member here looking for a cockatoo recently.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
We wouldn't want that.
...I know...he looks so much like Cassie did, in the face and crest...and in the bare nekkid chest and chicken legs.

The thing to know is that Cassie REGREW her chest feathers almost completely...but she always had the cute chicken legs...:heart: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.