1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Chop O Beet!!

Discussion in 'Feathered Food Court' started by Teckechick, 10/7/18.

1. Teckechick

Teckechick Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one! Tailgating!!!

Dawn
    I made a new chop today. Riced beet, riced califlower, riced butternut squash, broccoli, carrots, tri-color quinoa, jalapeños, bell peppers, and poblano peppers. Boy do the beets make it a lovely color lol!:hehe: I hope it goes over well.:fingerscrossed:

C6A953FA-B96C-458C-AF94-C0DEECD93021.jpeg 349FD6B8-6347-4BA4-B9AD-D5D5822786F9.jpeg

2. faislaq

faislaq I have a macaw and don't post enough photos Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Tailgating!!! I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Karen
    Ooh very pretty. I like your idea of using a ricer, too. :thumbsup: Yousa pretty smart lady!

I made borscht once from a friends' recipe & was surprised it was more orange than red. It was my first time making it so I thought I'd messed up but she said that recipe just uses more carrots than other recipes. :) So simple. I'd just assumed borscht was always red.

Last edited: 10/7/18
  3. Teckechick

Dawn
    I would have thought the same. We juice with beets some times and it always turns the drink red.

4. rockoko

rockoko Squawk and Meow! Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Martine
    I want to eat it! :D Looks great!

5. expressmailtome

expressmailtome Ripping up the road Administrator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Matthew
    It looks great!

6. Fergus Mom

Fergus Mom Rollerblading along the road I Can't Stop Posting!

Elly
    Yummmmm!!

SquawksNibbles and Teckechick like this.
  7. Mockinbirdiva

Mockinbirdiva Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran

Andrea
    It does look great! Never thought of using a ricer either. Did you taste it? Inquiring minds want to know if it's tasty! :D

8. Teckechick

Dawn
    I did and it is actually one of the best ones I have made so far. All of the flavors really meld well together.

I liked using the ricer veggies for some of the veggies. I got that idea from another post here on AA I think. It does work really well and makes it a bit quicker to whip up a chop.

SquawksNibbles likes this.
  9. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Joyriding the Neighborhood Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
    How is a ricer used?

10. Mockinbirdiva

Andrea
    I remember my mother using a utensil that was cone shaped with tiny holes in and she would put cooked potatoes in it and mash them through to get a rice like texture. This link describes ricing vegetables a different way... I think it's a great way to feed multiple vegetables for the smaller to medium birds ( bigger birds would like it as well).

Almost forgot the link:

How to make rice out of vegetables

11. Revali

Revali Meeting neighbors

Lol, Birds eat hot peppers!

12. Mockinbirdiva

Andrea
    I was thinking you used a ricer like this. I thought my mothers ricer was cone shaped until I saw this one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Teckechick

Dawn
    I bought some of the pre-riced frozen beets, cauliflower, and butternut squash. I typically just use my food processor to chop everything up but I saw the idea of using the frozen already riced veggies in a post on here and wanted to try it.

Our grocery store had a ton of options so I just picked a few to try. I really liked using the frozen for the beets since there was much less red mess to clean up.

I may end up buying one of those ricers you all posted to do it myself since I really like the way the smaller veggies blend together. I always end up with a few large chunks with the food processor.

SquawksNibbles and finchly like this.
  14. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Joyriding the Neighborhood Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
    I agree the frozen riced veggies are great. Especially to me because of so much arthritis in the hands.

Teckechick and SquawksNibbles like this.
  15. SquawksNibbles

SquawksNibbles Rollerblading along the road

Kiera
    Awesome!!! :eat: The frozen riced vegetables really are great and helpful when you don’t have a ton of time to prepare chop for the littles. My birds love the sweet potato and cauliflower mix. :D

Teckechick likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)