• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Choosing a new cage for Kiwi

Zoepr143

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Zoë
In my recent post; rust and paint i concluded that i need a new cage for my budgie and i came across this cage and the price is good considering the size of it. Upon further inspection i noticed it looks like the bars are crooked, maybe? I just want to make sure i am making the right decision. The cage doors also seem very easy to open since it’s just one of those that slides open. It just doesn’t seem like It would last, but maybe i’m too Judgemental about it. Then there is a second cage (with the yellow bird on the side) that seems like better quality and is very similar , the highest bid on the second cage now is €30,00 which is a really good price.

I’m sorry if this post is really confusing to read it’s been a long day :sleeping:
Please let me know what you guys think, and thank you in advance!

Attachments

Last edited:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Budgies (and most birds) do much better with a cage that is wider than it is tall. Once the cage gets two or three feet tall, the rest of the height is wasted, and they tend not to use the space at all. My choice for a budgie cage is usually one that is one and a half to three feet wide and one and a half to three feet tall. Even one foot high is OK as long as they have the width of one and a half feet. Absolutely not any smaller, however. The cage you have pictured is three times higher than it is wide and you actually want a cage that is wider than it is tall.

Zoepr143

Real Name
Zoë
Budgies (and most birds) do much better with a cage that is wider than it is tall. Once the cage gets two or three feet tall, the rest of the height is wasted, and they tend not to use the space at all. My choice for a budgie cage is usually one that is one and a half to three feet wide and one and a half to three feet tall. Even one foot high is OK as long as they have the width of one and a half feet. Absolutely not any smaller, however. The cage you have pictured is three times higher than it is wide and you actually want a cage that is wider than it is tall.

Thank you, i’ll keep looking. Would those cages in the picture be for bigger birds then?

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Thank you, i’ll keep looking. Would those cages in the picture be for bigger birds then?
Those are used for budgies, but I agree with Laurel Feather Cat that they do a lot better in a cage wieder then it is tall:) a flight cage Maybe? They also have a double versionen of the cage you showed, Maybe that might work for you and Kiwi:)

Zoepr143

Real Name
Zoë
Those are used for budgies, but I agree with Laurel Feather Cat that they do a lot better in a cage wieder then it is tall:) a flight cage Maybe? They also have a double versionen of the cage you showed, Maybe that might work for you and Kiwi:)

Oh nice! I haven’t seen that one yet. Thank you!