• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Chloe's Pregnancy/kittens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
:lol:Amanda!!:D

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
KITTENS! Oh my goodness, they're so CUTE. :heart:
Good job, Chloe!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

WeasleyLover

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Their soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!! :heart::heart::heart:

FreeByrd

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Kittens!!! Love them even though they make me sneeze...... I'd be tempted by the orange one. :heart::heart::heart:

WeasleyLover

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
the only ones in need of homes are the 2 black ones. we are keeping calico, orange one is going to a friend, 2 whites are going to a woman that i contacted via CR 3 weeks ago. the calico one is SOOOO stinkin CUTE.

View attachment 94119 View attachment 94127 View attachment 94126 View attachment 94125 View attachment 94124 View attachment 94123 View attachment 94122 View attachment 94121 View attachment 94120 View attachment 94128
I'm glad to see you held them, I read you're not supposed to hold them till their two weeks, but that didn't stop me! Glad I'm not the only one.;)

ILoveTiels

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amanda T
I'm glad to see you held them, I read you're not supposed to hold them till their two weeks, but that didn't stop me! Glad I'm not the only one.;)
only because she was okay with it. she let me help with the whole labor and delivery. I even hadda help.. ahem... adjust her stuff.. yeah, it was weird, but she didnt hiss, growl, bite or scratch me once the whole time. One of my friends called me nuts, but i'm not. Chloe and I have a veryyy strong bond. I was the only one she let give her tummy rubs. I rescued her when she was extremely sick kitten. she had a 3.5 inch tapeworm, an eye and intestinal infection and severely malnourished. at 8 weeks, she came to me weighing barely 1 lb. She's my baby. I've gone through a lot with her and she loves her mommy a lot. When she was gone for the month, she went through bad depression. When she came home, i pet her like i used to, under her chin and she realized she was back home. within a few days, the depression was gone. She felt safest in my bedroom and didnt have the kittens until i was awake and let me know they were coming. I love my little girl. She is so precious to me. :heart:

TextsFromParrots

Real Name
Kristen
Is that a calico or a tortie? :D Torties are the bees knees, but I'm biased with my tortie girl. I'm so glad everything went smoothly!!

ILoveTiels

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amanda T
umm.... whats the difference? i thought calico meant multi colored splotches.. :confused: whats a tortie?

EDIT: oh, i just looked it up. she is a "torbi". she has tabby striped torti and is black based.

Last edited:

TextsFromParrots

Real Name
Kristen
AWESOME! Torties are AMAZING. They have these weird personalities that make them endearing. A tortie is also a type of calico, they just lack the white. ;) Watch out for that little girl, I bet she's already planning trouble.

ILoveTiels

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amanda T
AWESOME! Torties are AMAZING. They have these weird personalities that make them endearing. A tortie is also a type of calico, they just lack the white. ;) Watch out for that little girl, I bet she's already planning trouble.
yeah. she was #6. i thought maybe she was done and then an hour after #5, chloe yeowls (the only time she did the whole day!!) and pushes her out. at first, i thought she had a huge patch of missing fur on her head, but the orange is really light. almost peachy. shes adorable. I knew when she came out i wanted her. :) now for a name....... :rolleyes:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I agree! Torties have a quirky personality - mine is an adorable weirdo lol

southernbirds

Congratulations. Now all the "aunts" and "uncles" on this forum can get a good night's sleep. Good night to mommy Chlloe and good job to you both. Keep the male cat away..Hugs to to and enjoy!

ILoveTiels

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amanda T
haha. i know. she is relaxing with her babies and she's doing great. i'm suprised at how fast they came. She only meowed when i would get up and get something and yeowled only for #6. Everything else was grunting. Here are all the times. (in EST)

1- 6:30am
2- 7:00am
3- 8:00am
4- 8:30am
5- 8:50am
6- 9:45am

(i texted MIL and Fiance each time a kitten was born)

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Calicos have white, black and either tan or orange on them. They can also have tabby markings, but usually only on the tail. 99.9% of calicos and torties are female. In New England, male calis and torties are called 'money cats' because they are so rare. Male torties and calis are usually sterile.

You can sex kittens three days to a week after birth. A straight slit below the anus is a female, a round hole is a male. It is easy to determine just by spreading the buttock muscles very gently.

Good luck with your new family.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I had a tortie and she was quirky/adorable! :D

Faen

Hit the Road
Awwww they are soooooooooooooooooo cute! It makes me want one! Although i don't think i'll get another kitty. :(

I agree you have a torti there. I have a torti as well.... long haired though and my cousin had a short haired torti.

southernbirds

This was such fun news. It's nice to share a moment of joy with a member.

Status
Not open for further replies.