• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Chloe's Pregnancy/kittens

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveTiels

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amanda T
Ok, so its been a very hectic and scary road so far. Thinking cancer and not even suspecting pregnancy, to finding out she is pregnant, its definitely a sigh of relief. With all of the possibilities, it was the least to be worried/ scared about.
Here is the original story

http://forums.avianavenue.com/cat-tree/74352-8-month-old-preggo-cat.html

Yesterday, we had a health scare

http://forums.avianavenue.com/bird-emergency-highway-911/74482-sudden-severe-reaction-frontline.html

And today, we got into the vet. (it was supposed to be yesterday, but things got mixed up)

Well, she did very good. and we found out how many kittens she has. I dont wanna give it away yet, i wanna see if anyone wants to take guesses. The good news is she has 1-2 weeks left. she is 8 pounds, but she is very healthy and so are the babies, from what could be seen.

We also told the vet about Chloe's reaction to the frontline and they did add it to her chart under an allergy. So, she will no longer be prescribed that or anything simliliar.

Okay, sooo..

START GUESSING!

Last edited:

copswife30

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kathy
I say since she is young and it's her first litter :huh: three ?

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Glad to hear everything checked out good and she's doing fine. My guess is 3 too. That seems to be a common number for first litters.

Sparky04

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kiersten
I'll guess 4.:)

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
Glad to hear the vet visit went well, glad they noted her allergy to the frontline. I am going to guess...hmmm, 2 or 3? (Since she's young/first litter)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Tangle Elf

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I'm going with 4. The only kittens we ever had were from a young stray. She had 4.

southernbirds

I guess five little kittens. Do you have homes and are you getting her spayed after the litter?

lindsey88

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
lindsey
Im guessing 4 since that is the most common litter size.

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
When my kitty Chloe (Who I no longer own) had her first litter, she had 4 beautiful baby kittens! :heart:

ILoveTiels

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amanda T
Ok guys, the xray revealed...

*DRUMROLL*

5 or 6 kittens!!!!!!!!!!!

i cant believe it!!! she's already huge... we have plans to keep 1, one has a home, but we were hoping for like 3 or less. were werent expecting this many. once she delivers, we will set up homes and we will get her spayed once she is dried. idc if she manages to get preg or not. she is getting spayed regardless.

ILoveTiels

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amanda T
u win.... BRAGGING RIGHTS :) or a kitten if u wanna drive here and get one after weaning. lol

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
:eek: Oh my! That's alot of babies for a first litter. We had a cat that had 2 litters of 3 and then her last litter she had 6.

ILoveTiels

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amanda T
Yeah. but at least we know. I was thinking max 3. so glad we had it done. she's having twice as many as originally though. kinda scared but we can be a lot more prepared. just keep all of us in your prayers. i will update with how she is doing and when she delivers. expect lots of pix and videos. :D

jeme3

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julie
I was going to say five! Just a gut feeling.

Good to know you've got a little time left.

ILoveTiels

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amanda T
oh, whats a good place to advertise kittens, besides craigslist? i want a smaller broadcast group that doesnt include people wanting em for pitbull or snake food ? (ppl in ny do that a lot apparently)

jeme3

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julie
Your vet might be able to help, and let all your friends and family know and help spread the word.

Status
Not open for further replies.