• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Chirps

LSA

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Leslie
Do you have pictures of the toys? Looking for inspiration for my own p'let :D
Here are some pics: 20181024_092316.jpg
Obviously, the swing. It's made of the 7" grass mat with the smallest plastic chain with things (bells, pacifiers, plastic beads, etc.) along the links then attached to the cage top with a small pear link.

Chirps LOVES it (I think he sleeps on it.), so that is a fuzzy picture of Chirps on it below.
20181024_092250.jpg

This is a grouping of toys.
20181024_092152.jpg
Rightmost is the toy of mini geo links and bells and beads on the bottom.
Leftmost are a balsa block and 2 pine blocks separated by wood beads on a budgie chain with bell. Surprisingly, he likes the pine blocks best!
Like any bird, Chirps loves straws and fingertraps and bells.

20181024_092549.jpg
This is the budgie toy that started it.

Other than the budgies, my birds are usually medium, so the budgies and now Chirps didn't have alot to choose from. Most toys are from leftovers or random items. CBN fixed that with one order.

Chirps gets perches like everybirdie here... I scavenge my trees for the right size!

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
There is another mini geo link chain lower that Chirps likes to sit under it with a bell on his head like a hat! It's funny. I'm going to make another order for Sherman to have a swing since she seems to like and is destroying the one she has.

Chirps climbs and chews on his geo links, so Im seriously considering making a "perch" out of them that goes across the cage.

AA has some GREAT vendors! I suggest you take advantage of them. My advice... finish your order then double it!

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
My p'let like to chew on our straws when we have milk shakes but he is not allowed to since I'm afraid he would ingest plastic bits. He also likes to have something on his head, bell or brush, to cuddle/scratch himself.
Unfortunately we are not in the US so vendors would be cheaper over here but thanks for your advice, I'll have a look around!

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
I don't know where you are, but we have vendors in Canada, too, and I THINK (which means probably not) there are some in the UK. If not, we have members from all over the world!!! Ask and ye shall be introduced! HAHA I even know a guy who works in the Middle East!

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
We are in Norway ;) I'm sure I'll find somewhere to buy it from, no problem :D

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
Tomorrow makes day 30 of quarantine! Chirps is free in the afternoon!

I'm SO excited.

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
Chirps is in the birdroom. It wasn't this quiet when Sherman moved in. Every bird is in his own cage with the door closed. They're all looking at him trying to figure out what he is.

I finally succeeded in silence! HAHA

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
Okay, I opened Chirps' cage door. After about 20 minutes, he came out. He doesn't seem very popular right now because he's checking out the toys of the other birds and climbing on the play gyms atop each cage. (Every cage but the budgie cage has one.) Even the budgies are eyeing him.

Duchess is clucking at him... She probably thinks she has a new baby.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
What a cutie pie! My parrotlet also likes the jumble of links and bells, actually he is obsessed with his and feeds it. This is another toy he likes

E53272D6-4523-4949-864E-7A5578180DCC.jpeg

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
What a sweet little face! I love parrolets.. soo tiny! I did raise them for a short while. They are fearless little birds.

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
Chirps sure has not wasted any time making enemies in the birdroom! :rpg6: Even the budgies hate him, it seems.

@Mark & Da Boyz corrected me perfectly: "No YNA are just overgrown Parrotlets is all.:toofunny:"

Let's see, there are budgies in love :heart:, conures in love :heart: that tolerate another conure :fairy3:, a terrified pionus who will accept nothing new :scared4:, a ringneck bully:mad:, a bossy parrotlet:whip2: and me :chained: :sos: :chrisphoto: What a mixed up flock!

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
Chirps has a favorite activity now. He harasses the conures. There's a WIDE bath bowl on top of Sir Lancelot's cage. Chirps can stand in it and watch AND hear Sir Lancelot try to bite him.

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
"Wow, I need one of these bad boys. And three conures while you're at it." 20181102_185402.jpg

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
Okay, a box from CABN came in full of toy parts. Some more mini geo link toys got made. Chirps loves them! Also, I added a big... for him... bell (25mm) to a ss spring and he loves fighting with his new bouncy toy! My plan to make him all kinds of new toys was thwarted by my assistants who just KNEW the order was for them.

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
What a cutie pie! My parrotlet also likes the jumble of links and bells, actually he is obsessed with his and feeds it. This is another toy he likes

View attachment 289088

I just bought that from CABN! Hopefully, he'll enjoy it as much as yours!

Chirps' cage was next to Sir Lancelot's. All three conures moved into it, so they could harass Chirps when closed! The youngest conures usually sleep in Daytona's cage in the middle and Duchess prefers sleeping alone. I bet not anymore!

The four share toy parts like crazy, but Chirps and Daytona keep a close watch on each other. This is from another thread

My Chirps is tiny and cute, but just yesterday, he took on my Sunday and was sure he'd win that birdwar. "Do you not realize she a million times your size!?!" I scooped him up just in time to have him bite the H E double hockey sticks out of me!

Chirps hasn't learned the birdroom protocol YET.