• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Chili Pepper

Status
Not open for further replies.

sl8tr

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Karen
Just wanted to give everyone an update on Chili Pepper.

Chili (DYH) is almost 6 months! I just cannot believe that I raised this baby since he was 6 weeks old. He was so ugly and featherless then and is now so handsome and beautifuly feathered. He is such a sweet baby

He loves to just sit on my arm and just be with me and will fly (even though he's clipped) to find me. Wants so badly to sit on my shoulder but I don't allow him to do so. Likes to play but is by no means the clown Slater (CAG) is. He almost always lets me pet his beak and sometimes lets me pet his head and neck. He eats his veggies and LOVES, LOVES, LOVES his Roudybush pellets. Still likes going outside and taking baths and doesn't mind once he is in his harness.

I think he is in the beginning stages of trying to talk but as of yet no talking and seems to be a very quiet bird. Chili and Slater still don't get along but can play (at opposite ends) in the same area under close supervision.

I want him to remain the sweet baby he is.

I will try to get some current pictures of the boys this weekend:)

Last edited:

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
I'm glad to hear that Chili is doing so well! :) Thanks for the update!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks for the update,I was just thinking about him.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would love to see more photos of you chili.I bet he's just cute as a button now.YOu know you'r ein the same scenario I was for many years.I had my grey sadie and Hiram.they never were the best of buddies..but they did enjoy each others company.:)

sl8tr

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Karen
Here is a pic of chili that I took last night.

sl8tr

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Karen
I would love to see more photos of you chili.I bet he's just cute as a button now.YOu know you'r ein the same scenario I was for many years.I had my grey sadie and Hiram.they never were the best of buddies..but they did enjoy each others company.:)
Slater is the one that challenges Chili. Chili pretty much keeps to himself. Maybe one day they will be like Sadid and Hiram and enjoy each others company.

Last edited:

sl8tr

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Karen
Hi

Anyone know when to expect the first molt? Should I see more yellow on his head and more red on his shoulders develop during the molts?

Thanks

Last edited:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
he is sure is gorgeous...and wonderful progress!!

Status
Not open for further replies.