• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Chihuahua w/ a Golden Retriever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Good luck. I would get my Golden fully trained to voice command in the meantime. He should be walked every day to burn off energy. My dear friend has a yorki and Golden, both neutered males, they get along awesome. The Golden is fully trained though, and the yorki is the boss.:)

Hypancistrus

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lauren
Good luck. I would get my Golden fully trained to voice command in the meantime. He should be walked every day to burn off energy. My dear friend has a yorki and Golden, both neutered males, they get along awesome. The Golden is fully trained though, and the yorki is the boss.:)
Yup... we signed Riley up for a 9 week obedience class starting on January 23. It was reccomended to me by a friend with two Rottie's whose dogs also were distracted by food. This is all praise based. No food. It's also guaranteed to work. I fill out a survey listing the issues we are having and they tailor a program to us, and if at the end of 9 weeks, we are still having issues, we can keep bringing him back, for free. :dance5:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Sounds great! Let us know how it goes. :highfive:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I had a friend who had a golden retriever and a chihuahua and they got along great.

Status
Not open for further replies.