• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Chico -- our G2 house guest has arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobby

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Mark Hogan
Chico arrived last night and made himself right at home. He (sex as far as I know is not known) seems to be right at home already. He shows no sign of fear of us and loves to cuddle and thrives on attention. Jenni and I have already been treated to a serenade of screaming of both G2s and Jasmine trying to out do both. Jasmine wins hands down.:)

Chico loves to say "Hello" over and over and does a wonderful yodeling "hello" that I will try to record when I have charged batteries for the video camera. When I had him with me earlier today he was doing some funky butt wiggling on me so I am not sure if I want to encourage that. I have no idea what his age is but it seems he has reached sexual maturity.

Since he has an owners and we have no idea how long he is going to be with us it will be hard not to become attached to Chico. He is so cute! The only thing we can do is treat him like one of the family and love him while we have him, as we would want someone to treat our fids if needed.

Right now no one knows what to think of this new guy and that is most likely for the best. He is slightly smaller than Goofy and from the feel of it a bit lighter.

Attachments

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Aww she is beautiful! It will be hard not to fall in love with her! :heart:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Aw, s/he loves you already, look at that tear shaped smiling eyeball. Are his/her eyes brown or black?

Ginger

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
absolutely breathtaking..wowwwwwww

Lobby

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Mark Hogan
Aw, s/he loves you already, look at that tear shaped smiling eyeball. Are his/her eyes brown or black?

Ginger
Ginger in strong light they look like Goofy's to me, which is dark brown. There is some debate if Goffin's follow the sexing by eye thing or not. Anna thought Chico acted like a male but he who knows.

I just had Goofy out and Chico has a fit if his cage is closed so we had both of them out and about. Jenni did not like the noise but she had just got up, she works nights, and that is a lot to deal with first thing in the morning. Jasmine was not happy either and this upset Jenni more.

This is going to take some work. Right now they all sleep in the same room, Chico was quarantined at Anna's, but in the daytime Chico and Jasmine come into the living room while everyone else are just a few feet away. Jasmine can be left on top of her cage by herself w/ minimal supervision but Chico keeps trying to visit her. When Chico, Goofy and Jazzy are in the same room the noise seems to bother Jasmine. I may have to put Jasmine in the bird room while I have the G2s out. Even if they 'toos aren't interacting it seems to be a lot of stuff going on and Jazzy didn't seem happy.

I have not made up my mind on what to do yet. The tv was also contributing to the excitement, I was laughing my butt off at a comedian and all this added up to a lot of action. Too much for Jasmine but the toos and I were having a blast.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Truely's eyes are a beautiful dark amber brown.

Ginger

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
What an adorable little Too! Her/his eyes are truely beautiful...

crzybrdldy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Patty
Chico is a very goodlooking G2, I think male.

jasminlana

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elsie
so adorable. beautiful feathering. and those are great shots

Status
Not open for further replies.