• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Chickie flew 25 feet horizontally in one shot!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
she used to lose altitude and crash. The new diet of veggies and little fruit is paying off.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Sounds like she is getting lighter and stronger, that's great news. When Lurch first got here he was very clipped and out of shape. It took about 6 months for his flights to grow back and any time he tried to fly he'd be all shagged out for a hours afterwards and just sleep.
Towards the end of his stay he was flying all over the house and going through the little pass through divider between the dining room and living room hall way just because he could.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Sounds like she is getting lighter and stronger, that's great news. When Lurch first got here he was very clipped and out of shape. It took about 6 months for his flights to grow back and any time he tried to fly he'd be all shagged out for a hours afterwards and just sleep.
Towards the end of his stay he was flying all over the house and going through the little pass through divider between the dining room and living room hall way just because he could.

Awww! That was great progress! I once let the caiques free in the house and they flew from the living to the dining through to the kitchen into the laundry room and crash landed on the dryer. Thankfully not behind!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Way to go, Chickie! :thumbsup:

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Great job, Chickie! :airplane:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Good girl Chickiee!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Wasn't sure where to ask / post this question, hope it's okay to ask here on your thread Saroj12.

My budgie Fiona has been flying around my head for two days now during fight time, (she is untamed). I was wondering if this might be the first sign that she might be going to try to land on me? Does anyone else have any 'clues' or signals that your birds showed before they flew to you?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Wasn't sure where to ask / post this question, hope it's okay to ask here on your thread Saroj12.

My budgie Fiona has been flying around my head for two days now during fight time, (she is untamed). I was wondering if this might be the first sign that she might be going to try to land on me? Does anyone else have any 'clues' or signals that your birds showed before they flew to you?

no worries :). Budgie people should be around soon.