• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Chewing and Pulling wing feathers

siavash

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Siavash
Hello everyone, I hope you are all well and happy.

my IRN did something VERY strange to me. I took almost all of your advice about nutrition and other stuff. EVERYTHING was (almost IS) going PERFECTLY, until just now.
Happy, intentionally, broke one of his wing feathers in half using his beak. he took the feather and broke it in half, and is trying to remove it. the feather IS NOT DAMAGED. actually it was BEAUTIFUL; perfectly shaped, completely healthy, very strong (hard or whatever strong in this context means). i'm shocked. he was JUST beginning to fly and get around (of course he cannot fly yet.) but now, i have no idea how much damage he did to his flying.
why would he do that? the feather is PERFECT. strong, beautifully shaped, fully grown; it was gorgeous. WHY WHY WHY ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he broke it in half with his beak and is trying to cut (remove) it, right now, as i'm typing. I'm shocked. i don't know what to say.

PLEASE advise.
thank you guys (by guys i mean every lady and gentleman)

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Could be due to stress or boredom...

siavash

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Siavash
@Monica: thx for the advice.
I really hope you are right (about boredom of course). i installed a Trojan horse on my PC. basically, i hacked myself. now, when at work, i connect to my PC and talk to him. sing for him. show him pics and movies and myself :)

please be right.
thx again

siavash

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Siavash
Hey everyone,

Me and Happy like to thank you so much; each and everyone of you...
Happy is doing GREAT. he pulled out all his wing feather and even his tail feathers (i mean the damaged ones). almost all of them has grown back. he can fly now. he even can take off on his own. as i read, flying is one thing, taking off all by yourself is another. well, he almost can take off and fly in any situation. he is very well.
I NEEDED to thank you 'coz we couldn't have done it without you. this is not JUST an expression. i REALLY could not have done it without your help, guidance, and tips...

I still have tons of question, about all kinds of things. before, i didnt create another thread; I asked anything related or not here. i even said "happy new year" here :) ... well, maybe that's not such a good thing or maybe it is. i think you have more experience. please advise... (i have questions about Bathing, Flying and Body Language).

Thank you again and again and again
Siavash (and Happy)

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I'm glad to hear things are going well with Happy!

Feel free to start up new topics about any questions you have!

Sometimes things can get kind of lost in the shuffle you ask a question in a thread that already has multiple pages.