• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Chevey and her foraging ball

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I finally got a video of Chevey attacking her foraging ball. She's so cute! She will go after this until it is empty and she will remove everything in it as well. I can't even get it in her cage before she's crawling all over it. Her eyes light up as soon as she sees it!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Wow is she excited. How often do you give it too her? Do you think budgies would do this?

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Awww - she is so cute! And so determined! How does she get the things out after she pulls the perimeter items out... oh, maybe she goes to the bottom when things drop there? She's a doll!

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
She is really good at getting things out of there!

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Awesome! I need to do that! Darwin has one of those and I thought it was just to put a treat in and I haven't even been doing that! :o:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Wow is she excited. How often do you give it too her? Do you think budgies would do this?
I think it would probably be too big for a Budgie.

It probably takes her about two days to empty it completely and I fill it about once a week about. It's by far her favorite toy. She will literally crawl on my arm to get to it as I put it in her house. She's a really silly little birdie!:)

Last edited:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Awww - she is so cute! And so determined! How does she get the things out after she pulls the perimeter items out... oh, maybe she goes to the bottom when things drop there? She's a doll!
I have come to the conclusion that she just likes to pull everything out of it...that is what she has fun doing. I do put some nuts in it, pistachios and almonds, both in the shell. Some I wrap in paper and some I don't. She seems to chuck the pistachios but I think she eats the almonds. I saw her husband, Seymour, digging in it the other day but I don't think he likes the challenge as much as she does and waits for her to unpack it so things are loose before he digs around in it. I pack it pretty tightly!;)

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Awesome! I need to do that! Darwin has one of those and I thought it was just to put a treat in and I haven't even been doing that! :o:
I got the idea from someone else on one of my FB groups. I thought it was a really great idea! I've given them to a few of the other birds and they all enjoy it except for Cisco...she didn't really get the idea! LOL!