• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Chevey and her daddy

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I got this picture of Jon and Chevey last night. Chevey loves me but she loves her daddy much more! He comes home and she will go on and on and on about "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" She is so cute I can hardly stand it!

For those who aren't familiar with Chevey's story, she came to us as a rehome nearly two years ago with a mate, Seymour. Seymour was supposedly 19 and Chevey was supposedly 5. Seymour ended up being incredibly sick but still the most wonderful bird I have ever known. Sadly we lost him last December. I went through a downward spiral and we added a few male greys to our flock trying to see if Chevey would bond with another grey and she wasn't having any of it. She pretty much chose my husband as you can see in the picture. She's amazing...incredibly stable and outgoing. I wish I had any idea who her breeder was because they did a great job with her.

IMG_3182.JPG

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Such a pretty bird. :)

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Chevey loves me but she loves her daddy much more! He comes home and she will go on and on and on about "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" She is so cute I can hardly stand it!
I know what you mean! I love seeing Luv Bug and hubby interacting. :xflove: Their relationship is so special it is incredible to watch. I enjoy it so much it completely makes up for her hassling me the rest of the day. :rolleyes:

:swoon: Is there anything more special than a heart bird with their heart human?

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
What a great picture!

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
So sweet, I wish mine would let me tought him!! :cautious: He also loves my husband but hubby is not a bird fan and has allergies.
@jmfleish Have you done a post on your newest addition yet? Did I miss it?

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Adorable!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
The most precious photo!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
So sweet, I wish mine would let me tought him!! :cautious: He also loves my husband but hubby is not a bird fan and has allergies.
@jmfleish Have you done a post on your newest addition yet? Did I miss it?
I haven’t done a post on Abby yet. She’s still settling in. The species is known for being shy and she’s still a little nervous. Houdini is totally infatuated with her. We are loving getting to know her but have to take it at her pace. I’ll probably post this weekend. I’m going to try and get her in the bath this weekend. Her tail is a mess from the long flight.