• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cheeky Chirpand Lil Monster goodness

Erikalynnha

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Thanks for the awesone goodies!

20180307_164448-1-1.jpg The Clickity-clack toy is huge!

20180308_113133-1.jpg Will probably have to do a cage remodel for Uchtred to find a good location

20180308_113118-1.jpg Found the perfect spot in Lennerds cage!

20180308_113240-2.jpg Lennerd got caught playing with his extra goodie xD

20180301_225859-2.jpg They really appreciated all the beady awesomeness!

Attachments

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Those are so cute! Scotty barely touches toys & Harley only beats the tar out of whiffle balls and bells so it's neat to see conures actually playing with toys!

Last edited:

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
@Erikalynnha Will you be updating this post for us to live vicariously though your fids?

Scott has had this weenie little toy on his cage top for about 2 months. I've seen him pick at it 3 times & have yet to be able to discern any damage. :huh:

Last edited:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Yay! Glad they liked their goodies :)

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
@faislaq I will post aftermath pics as soon as they start the destruction process!

Currently Lennerd is obsessed with a half chewed up block piece he stole from Bean and Papaya's cage and Uchtred has been busy with her cork bark perch.

I use to buy those really big Planet Pleasure Piñatas thingies and they would shred it in about 3 days :confused:

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Thank you for posting photos -- they look awesome! :swoon: I also received @Mizzely 's March box of Tiny Talons foot toys but was remiss in posting photos because they went straight to the birdos -- so Im super glad you shared yours so people can see how fun they are!

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Yeah! I'm glad you like them. I like toys to last a bit. :hug8:

orphansparrow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
Those are so cute! Scotty barely touches toys & Harley only beats the tar out of whiffle balls and bells so it's neat to see conures actually playing with toys!
Duckie is the same way. She'll pluck palm leaf toys if they're her "snuggle buddies" of the moment (The ones she leans against for bedtime). But that's pretty much it, though I keep trying. BUT she too loves beating the heck out of her bells. :)

EDIT: "HE" and "HE'LL" (Gah.)

Last edited:

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Jellybean and Papaya destroy toys usually in a day. Actually I should say they destroy EVERYTHING in a day. I have to look for new perches soon cause they chew them to pieces and don't even get me started on what they did to their Java Tree floor stand. It looked like a stump they literally chew the branches off! I know thats what they're suppose to do, I'm not mad, but my bank account wishes they weren't such vigorous chewers lol.

They River toy I got from Tweety Pie's was gone as soon as I added it to tge cage.

20180227_124831.jpg Before

20180228_174303-1.jpg 5 mins After

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Jellybean and Papaya destroy toys usually in a day. Actually I should say they destroy EVERYTHING in a day. I have to look for new perches soon cause they chew them to pieces and don't even get me started on what they did to their Java Tree floor stand. It looked like a stump they literally chew the branches off! I know thats what they're suppose to do, I'm not mad, but my bank account wishes they weren't such vigorous chewers lol.

They River toy I got from Tweety Pie's was gone as soon as I added it to tge cage.

Their java stand? Ouch! Yay, but ouch, too. :broke: Glad they loved their much-less-expensive-than-a-java-stand Tweety Pie's toy. :D

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Very nice!

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
@faislaq Whats funny is it was recommended for me to replace their cage perches with java wood because it was stronger but I guess my birds missed the memo. If there is even a tiny crack in the wood they can wedge their beaks in, then its all over.

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Forgot to post this!

This was the day after I received the toys. Lennerd already shredded the cork piece on top and barely nibble the blocks. He is still obessed with chewing on the block scraps he took from Bean's cage, I figure when he is done with that he will work on his new toy.

20180311_175921.jpg Perfectly good blocks to chew here!

20180313_101049.jpg But I guess the stolen blocks from his siblings cage are better.:sneaky:

He has a whole stash of Bean's and Papaya's chewed up toys that he has "saved" from the bottom of their cage.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Forgot to post this!

This was the day after I received the toys. Lennerd already shredded the cork piece on top and barely nibble the blocks. He is still obessed with chewing on the block scraps he took from Bean's cage, I figure when he is done with that he will work on his new toy.

View attachment 271825 Perfectly good blocks to chew here!

View attachment 271827 But I guess the stolen blocks from his siblings cage are better.:sneaky:

He has a whole stash of Bean's and Papaya's chewed up toys that he has "saved" from the bottom of their cage.
:lol:I figured the cork would be toast...those blocks are a bit harder to chew. They even last awhile with the piranha cheekies and Chya the sun conure. There is a large cork hachi ball that has six of those on it. ;)

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
There is a large cork hachi ball that has six of those on it. ;)

I seen them when I was ordering and was like I should probably get that too! Regret in full force! I will be picking up the Hachi Ball and a couple Cork-its in the next couple of weeks for sure!

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
He is still obessed with chewing on the block scraps he took from Bean's cage View attachment 271827 But I guess the stolen blocks from his siblings cage are better.:sneaky: He has a whole stash of Bean's and Papaya's chewed up toys that he has "saved" from the bottom of their cage.
Ha! A birdie thief and a hoarder. :naughty: Oh well, they obviously weren't using them, so Lennerd may as well have them. :angelic: