• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cheddar the the crew.

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark

• Ladies by glad you don’t have to put up with this. Cheddar has found his favorite toy...unfortunately it happens to be my mustache and he is determined as only a bird can be. He will do anything to get at it. Including climbing up on my glasses and then hang upside down to reach it. Crazy little guy.

Plus I have a couple of old “Bird Shirts” that I’ll have to put away as they have his mortal enemy...BUTTONS! He goes nuts over button and will spend hours chew ans tugging, I am worried he might (WILL) get one off and swallow it. So it’s “Tee” shirts around him.

Riti got out of the birdroom yesterday by climbing up the air filter and then jumping over the partition that blocks the door. Took ½ hour to find her I looked everywhere and finely founder her under the dresser, I’d looked twice so she must and gotten there after I had looked. I normally keep the doors to both the bedroom and bathroom close but had the fans on so clean out the old air and open the window in their room and put a fan in the bedroom and livingroom windows blowing out...I get a nice breeze that way. Yes the are window screens in all the windows.

She is still a bit upset over Cheddar coming in. I have been working on get her over her fear of hands and she backslid on me but I’m still working with her. Thing is they hang out together so I don't think she's afraid of him.

Da Tielish One are getting closer to all being in one cage as they are spending most of the day together and I haven’t seen any problem so far. That’ll cut it down to three cages and open up a bit of floor room for me.

Have a great day.

Last edited:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Aren't buttons put on shirts specifically to be chewed off? ;) I've always thought that was their purpose and so does our sun conure Tikki. When Fred was still working Tik would chew off the buttons for his button-down collar. While I don't have a moustache problem, Tik is also intent on trying clean my teeth when I'm talking to Fred or if I'm checking my cell phone for messages.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
It's very disconcerting when you have a bird trying to reach your mouth from your shoulder, more so since it isn't good for them.

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
I know all the bad stuff in our mouths that so bad for them. I hate seeing a video with a bird eating from someone's mouth.

Last edited: