• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Cheddar Hanging Out

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
He loves to hang on the sleeve of my "T" shirt...drives me crazy though. He gets so wound up at times he bites me.

Hangingon.jpg

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
:lol: but he's cute!

Reactions: Jas

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
So cute. I love it!
That hanging by one-foot-trick seems to be indigenous to conures. My parakeets never did that and neither did my Quaker. I had a Jenday for a short while and it did too.

d_msparkles

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
So cute. I love it!
That hanging by one-foot-trick seems to be indigenous to conures.
Oh gosh, yes. Waffle likes to hang from my shirt sleeves by a foot too. Thankfully I don’t get bit unless she’s trying to climb up and having trouble balancing. She’ll randomly hang from areas of her cage by one foot, too.

Reactions: Jas

Davi

Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Davi
He loves to hang on the sleeve of my "T" shirt...drives me crazy though. He gets so wound up at times he bites me.

View attachment 294450
Adorable! But I've never heard of this specific kind of cheese ("Hanging Cheddar"). :laugh: Maybe he's trying to be more like string cheese ;-)

But in all seriousness, I feel like conures, generally speaking, LOVE hanging from things and, when they don't get their way, can get frustrated and more "bitey". At least that's the case with my crimson-bellied conure, Julio. It's been taking me a long time and a lot of patience, love and energy to get him to bite less often when he doesn't get what he wanted (he came to me after living with his original human for 5 years). Drives me NUTS some days, but I love the little fellow :heart: