1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Chatroom

Discussion in 'Comment Court' started by emzymayzy, 4/27/17.

1. emzymayzy

emzymayzy Sprinting down the street

Emma
    This sites the best bird place to come to but How comes there isnt a bird instant chatroom on here i would be on this site 24/7 id love to talk to people a bit more on here about birds in stead of having to wait for ages for a reply its just an idea.

Familyof12 and Stevetomobs like this.
  2. JLcribber

JLcribber Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

John
    A chat room was tried many moons ago. Wasn't very popular.

3. expressmailtome

expressmailtome Ripping up the road Administrator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Matthew
    This way seems to work well since replies are saved, and then easy to search, for all current members, and all members who join in the future.

4. emzymayzy

emzymayzy Sprinting down the street

Emma
    Fair enough

5. hellen

hellen Strolling the yard

hellen
    we could always give it another go, chat room sounds good to me

sylven likes this.
  6. datlamb

datlamb Sprinting down the street

if you use discord i know of 2 bird related chatrooms

7. cosmolove

cosmolove Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Erica (:
    I know the chat room that was done in the past made it hard to search for topics since they weren't saved. It also was hard for the admin to keep an eye on it. I like being able to search old discussions here. Like for example I have a plucking ekkie, rather than reasking all the basic plucking questions I can research what others have already posted :)

8. Hankmacaw

Hankmacaw Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Mary Lynn Skinner
    Chatrooms have a tendency to get pretty crasty and it is almost impossible for the moderators to monitor them. We have a pretty good forum here comprised of friendly helpful people and anytime a thread or individual gets out of line the moderators can take care of it quickly.

9. Eloy

Eloy Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

J.T
    It isn't a chatroom, but in this thread you can post what ever you want.
    If you want to talk, post a funny pic, or something else. http://forums.avianavenue.com/index.php?threads/last-person-to-comment-wins.144649/
    But important bird related things it's better to post a new thread in right bird area.

10. sylven

sylven Meeting neighbors

thats the only thing missing from this excellent site, when i had my forums i had a chatroom mod, no problems at all , also had a radio playing because people like to "live chat" so was something to listen to , requests always taken ;)

11. Menagerie Mama

Menagerie Mama Sprinting down the street

Heidi
    Not to divert the thread, but, a quick aside...snazzy signature, John! Is it brand new? I've been away for quite some time, but, always loved reading your input on so many topics

12. Princessbella

Princessbella Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month

Theresa
    Yes but how big were your forums? I belong to Ravelry, a knitting and crocheting site, and at the moment, there are over 7 million members. There is a chat room but it is hardly ever used. I am wondering if a chat room would work because we have so many people who are on at so many different time zones that it would make chatting more difficult. And for me at least, I would think that Bella stories would get old fast.

13. Cassiopejaz

Cassiopejaz Rollerblading along the road

Daniel
    i dont think Chatrooms are so good...remember here are ppl from all the world...with diffrent time zones...for some ppl..like me..chatroom would feel lonely when im most active..:)

ppl here answer fast when u post a thread...so no need for a chatroom..

Smbrds, Tim and Hankmacaw like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)