• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Chatroom

emzymayzy

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emma
This sites the best bird place to come to but How comes there isnt a bird instant chatroom on here i would be on this site 24/7 id love to talk to people a bit more on here about birds in stead of having to wait for ages for a reply its just an idea.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
A chat room was tried many moons ago. Wasn't very popular.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
This way seems to work well since replies are saved, and then easy to search, for all current members, and all members who join in the future.

hellen

Strolling the yard
Real Name
hellen
we could always give it another go, chat room sounds good to me

datlamb

if you use discord i know of 2 bird related chatrooms

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
I know the chat room that was done in the past made it hard to search for topics since they weren't saved. It also was hard for the admin to keep an eye on it. I like being able to search old discussions here. Like for example I have a plucking ekkie, rather than reasking all the basic plucking questions I can research what others have already posted :)

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Chatrooms have a tendency to get pretty crasty and it is almost impossible for the moderators to monitor them. We have a pretty good forum here comprised of friendly helpful people and anytime a thread or individual gets out of line the moderators can take care of it quickly.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
This sites the best bird place to come to but How comes there isnt a bird instant chatroom on here i would be on this site 24/7 id love to talk to people a bit more on here about birds in stead of having to wait for ages for a reply its just an idea.
It isn't a chatroom, but in this thread you can post what ever you want.
If you want to talk, post a funny pic, or something else. http://forums.avianavenue.com/index.php?threads/last-person-to-comment-wins.144649/
But important bird related things it's better to post a new thread in right bird area.

sylven

Meeting neighbors
thats the only thing missing from this excellent site, when i had my forums i had a chatroom mod, no problems at all , also had a radio playing because people like to "live chat" so was something to listen to , requests always taken ;)

Menagerie Mama

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heidi
A chat room was tried many moons ago. Wasn't very popular.
Not to divert the thread, but, a quick aside...snazzy signature, John! Is it brand new? I've been away for quite some time, but, always loved reading your input on so many topics

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
thats the only thing missing from this excellent site, when i had my forums i had a chatroom mod, no problems at all , also had a radio playing because people like to "live chat" so was something to listen to , requests always taken ;)
Yes but how big were your forums? I belong to Ravelry, a knitting and crocheting site, and at the moment, there are over 7 million members. There is a chat room but it is hardly ever used. I am wondering if a chat room would work because we have so many people who are on at so many different time zones that it would make chatting more difficult. And for me at least, I would think that Bella stories would get old fast.

Cassiopejaz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daniel
i dont think Chatrooms are so good...remember here are ppl from all the world...with diffrent time zones...for some ppl..like me..chatroom would feel lonely when im most active..:)

ppl here answer fast when u post a thread...so no need for a chatroom..