• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Charlie

LSA

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Leslie
Well, sadly know that Charlie the Amazon won't be joining us. He doesn't need our home anymore. Even though I never really knew him, I still had fallen in love with him and was excited to give him the forever home he deserved. Thanks for all your help and advice!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:sadhug2:I fell in love he w Penny too without meeting her....I know....so sorry

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
I fell in love he w Penny too without meeting her....I know....so sorry
What made it harder was that Charlie and I had met. Sherman, WCP, was the first bird I adopted sight unseen. Which, to me, was really odd since I'd never adopted a Pionus before. In fact, that's the main reason I joined instead of just reading as usual.
Charlie and I had a relationship based on trust already started.

Not all birds like all people and vice versa. I wanted to be sure we COULD bond. The last thing either of us needed was to join a flock and feel worse than before!

When you buy from a breeder, you don't always have a choice. When you rehome, you do. So, everyone considering adoption should meet the bird at least once and preferably at the place the bird is moving! Again, not every bird matches every person!

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
"Really knowing" isn't the same as never meeting.

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
:sad7:
Charlie would already be living here.

Hopefully, you're having the time of your life and flying like a well fed youngster, Charlie!
:sad13: