• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Charlie Kitty

Jaguar

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
I'm not sure I've told Charlie's story on here yet.

My big sister died of cancer in July of 2012. Charlie was her cat - my sister had gotten her as a kitten. I was making funeral arrangements at her home with the family when I overheard her husband say 'I think we'll take Charlie to the shelter', much to their daughter's disappointment. He is not a cat person and understandably had a lot on his hands at the time. I piped up and said "I'll take her!". I had no idea how that was going to happen. I already had another cat, and I lived 8 hours away and came by bus. But the family pitched in and we made it happen. My partner and I drove 4 hours with her in the back seat to my mom's house, where she stayed for 2 weeks until someone could bring her to our place.

She is my heart. This cat means the world to me. She's not like any other cat I've ever had - I love her beyond words, and she is my light in the dark of the loss of my sister. Her parting gift to me, I suppose. Every time I see my niece, she asks me "How's Charlie?" and I say "Happy... and fat."

Did I mention she's really cute? :D

painesgrey

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
When I pass, I hope my loved ones see my pets the same way you see Charlie.

She's beautiful. She probably would've been snatched up in no time at a shelter, but it's best that you brought her home. She's lucky to have you.

Jaguar

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry

This is the only photo I have of her when she was younger. This is from April 2010, so she was still under a year old I think. She's sitting in my lap at my sister's house. Look how light her back was!

Jaguar

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
When I pass, I hope my loved ones see my pets the same way you see Charlie.

She's beautiful. She probably would've been snatched up in no time at a shelter, but it's best that you brought her home. She's lucky to have you.
Thank you :shy:

Jaguar

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
Oh my goodness! I went digging on my sister's FB page to see if she had any older pics. Okay, here's young Charlie (my sister actually spelled it Charly). November 2009.

My sister wrote "Isn't she pretty and she's sooo sweet." :xflove: Now she's fat and SPOILED!

Animallover03

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
Charlie is very beautiful and happy. I'm sorry about your sister. Charlie seems like a beautiful sweetheart. :xflove:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
I am sorry to hear about your sister's passing. Thank you for taking Charly and not allowing her to go to a shelter. I am sure your sister is happy you took Charly as well. Charly has temperature sensitive markings; the hotter she is, the lighter her colors and the cooler the environment, the darker. She is a beautiful cat and I cannot thank you enough for taking her.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
She's beautiful! :swoon:

painesgrey

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
Charly has temperature sensitive markings; the hotter she is, the lighter her colors and the cooler the environment, the darker.

I always found this fascinating. I saw it first-hand with my lynx-point, Giacomo. It was awesome watching his colours darken as he grew.

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Gosh what a beautiful baby Charlie is! I'm sorry to hear about your sister's passing, and thank you for taking Charlie in. :)

I adore my two kitties, but my male is an absolute mama's boy. Never leaves my side for more than a few minutes. I love that boy more then words can describe.
These are some of my favorites of my Benji. :heart:
This is when he first came home, at around 5 months.
image.jpeg
And him now, at 2 years this month.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

VictoriaVague

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
Charlie is beautiful - so sorry that you lost your sister, it must be wonderful to have Charlie as a piece of her, still with you

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Wow- she's beautiful! (And I'm very sorry about your sister.)

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Beautiful girl :)

Laurah

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Charley kinda looks like my Siamese. Pretty girl :)