• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ceres for those interested

Melek

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Julie
Thank you for all your help. Is it to much to ask if anyone can give me an idea of his age from the photo's please?
I quite pleased his a boy. Just need to get this beautiful boy used to me now. His only been with me for 1 week so he still needs to settle in.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
When Omega came to us..pink cere...now white.

And today, another egg...:)

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Thank you for all your help. Is it to much to ask if anyone can give me an idea of his age from the photo's please?
I quite pleased his a boy. Just need to get this beautiful boy used to me now. His only been with me for 1 week so he still needs to settle in.

I want to say maybe around 3-4 months? Looks young, at the very least.

Pensfan

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Timothy
Hey everyone,
We are eagerly waiting for this budgie to come in a few weeks. Until then we are seeing him 3 times a week at the breeder to get to know him, socialize, etc.

From the file earlier in this thread, the Ceres looks like a male? Is anyone here more confident in his sex?

Also, can anyone shed light on which mutation he is?

Thanks!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Happy for you. Yellow faced budgie is very young now. Accurate gender would be difficult. The breeder of my two English budgies can tell the gender very early by ophthalmic exam, bone structure and temperament. But not us laymen. His beak will turn to bone color as he ages. Looks like wings were clipped. My birds also clipped by breeder. Don't like it though. Are you getting a second one at some point?

Pensfan

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Timothy
Yeah the breeder clips all cockatiel and budgie wings until weened; I am not sure about their other birds. The plan for now is that this budgie will live with our current cockatiel and a future cockatiel in a couple months. Once they are all together we will see how they react to each other and go from there.

Jade890

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Jade
Hi I need help can anyone help me sex my budgie I think she's a girl but not sure? thanks 20170514_154332.jpg 20170514_154332.jpg 20170514_154338.jpg

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Definitely female.

Jholeana

Hmm, sorry, not quite why one of those has posted twice and when I go into edit, it only shows once, so I'm not sure how to fix it.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
It's shown twice because there are only 2 attachments, but one was included in the message twice. You'll have to read the BB(?) code in the text part of the message itself... and remove the last one after "young birds".

Or you can copy this information below, edit your post, and delete the information and past the following info and it will correct the double attachment.

Code:
Here's another couple of charts to help with sexing young birds

[ATTACH=full]251842[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]251843[/ATTACH]

Great reference guide, though! :D

Blue-Wing

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jacob
Thanks so much for sharing this! I have been confused as to the gender of my two budgerigars for some time now! I am pretty sure along with this post they are both males! Thanks again! (They are adolescent and both have purplish cere).

IMG_3212.JPG

Last edited:

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Snow appears to be a male, still.

He must be a double factor spangle, otherwise his cere would be pink.

Jas

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jasmine
Ahh thank you so much!!! :)

Kermits Mom

Real Name
Sheri
E9DAAA25-8D9A-4414-955E-6485225C31F8.jpeg Now I guess I’ll be changing some of their names lol!!! I had males, the rescues wound up being females...your Ceres post helped a lot! Thank you

JayCam33

Moving in
Real Name
Jamie
Can someone help me guess what my daughter's 2 are. We think ones male and ones female but keep getting thrown off. One is a blue and the other is a fancy. The lady at the pet store said she thinks the blue is a female and the fancy is a male but the color of the fancy keeps throwing us off. Its a blue/purple/white and the blue one is more of a blue/white. The blue one is the first photo and the second is the fancy. We were told their behavior is also a sign as the females are more aggressive then the males and so far the blue one is more aggressive and has a tendency to bit while the fancy one is more laid back and loved being handled.

Attachments