• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Celebrate George's Hatchday with us!

theocnoob

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pablo and George
George turns 10 (a milestone hatchday for sure) October 8th 2017. I was wondering if anybody would like to come celebrate his birthday with us from the forum. It would be nice to have a meetup of like minded parrot people to talk about our birds while we celebrate George's most important hatchday ever. There will be morning glory muffins, which are George's all time fav food, a cake, and beer. And we'll order pizza. Please don't bring your parrots though as George is uneasy around unfamiliar birds.

If anybody's interested, please PM me. I am in Pickering Ontario at Liverpool and Bayly near the 401 liverpool exit.

CallieCadmoor

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Georgia
Sounds fantastic! Pity we aren't in the same country :o:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's a very cute idea. I was going to have a "Sweet Sixteen" for Sophie and Claudé and invite some people but decided not to do that. We just celebrated here on our own.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Awww what a nice idea. I'm sorry I'm so far away.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I live many miles away from Ont. in So. Calif. Don't know if that can be considered "paradise" due to traffic, congestion, taxes and cost of living although weather is nice but I do live in "parrotdise" with lots of parrots. :D I checked on the internet and there's a Parrotdise Perch in Ont. located in Mississauga. There's no Parrotdise Ont, is there? Someone once thought I lived in FL because they have Parrotdise boat tours there.

theocnoob

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pablo and George
I live many miles away from Ont. in So. Calif. Don't know if that can be considered "paradise" due to traffic, congestion, taxes and cost of living although weather is nice but I do live in "parrotdise" with lots of parrots. :D I checked on the internet and there's a Parrotdise Perch in Ont. located in Mississauga. There's no Parrotdise Ont, is there? Someone once thought I lived in FL because they have Parrotdise boat tours there.
I was joking about the parrotdise Ontario. Yes there is Parrotdise Perch in Mississauga (easily the ugliest city in the greater Toronto Area but has the best aquarium shops in Ontario and apparently the best parrot supply shop as well.)

We have bad traffic in Canada too you know. The Don Valley Parkway is a parking lot no matter the time of day. If you want to do the speed limit you need to hit it up around 3am or so. From 6am-midnight it is bumper to bumper 15MPH garbage crawl. It's only got 3 lanes going each way and honestly for the traffic on it, it should have 6-8 lanes going each way, but they can't do that because it runs through a forested valley (hence the name).

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
I'm in Ontario but I'm 1 and half hours away and don't drive :( I know there quite a few Ontarians here on AA. I'd like to have an Ontario get together with people here. It would be really cool to meet people in person. :heart:

I hope George has an awesome Hatch Day !!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
What a great idea, and sounds so fun! Unfortunately I'm all the way out in California also. I hope some people can go.

As a side note, do you belong to any bird clubs in your area? That's a good way to get to know other parronts.

theocnoob

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pablo and George
I'm in Ontario but I'm 1 and half hours away and don't drive :( I know there quite a few Ontarians here on AA. I'd like to have an Ontario get together with people here. It would be really cool to meet people in person. :heart:

I hope George has an awesome Hatch Day !!
We should hang out! There's always the GO bus. It's reasonably priced. I'd love to meet other people's birds. I wish I had a car but I get around so well to where I need to go at this point with the go train and the TTC that the car would be solely for "hangin out" type trips and I can't justify the $$ for that purpose hehe. Thankyou for wishing George a happy hatchday. Even if it turns out to be just me and him I'm going to buy him some foot toys and some muffins and I'll get him a nice hallmark card and read it to him. I'm sure his breeder who I am friends with and loves him deeply will want to come. Maybe my mom can be there too. We're George's family.

What a great idea, and sounds so fun! Unfortunately I'm all the way out in California also. I hope some people can go.

As a side note, do you belong to any bird clubs in your area? That's a good way to get to know other parronts.
I hadn't even thought of that! I'll look into it!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I was joking about the parrotdise Ontario. Yes there is Parrotdise Perch in Mississauga (easily the ugliest city in the greater Toronto Area but has the best aquarium shops in Ontario and apparently the best parrot supply shop as well.)

We have bad traffic in Canada too you know. The Don Valley Parkway is a parking lot no matter the time of day. If you want to do the speed limit you need to hit it up around 3am or so. From 6am-midnight it is bumper to bumper 15MPH garbage crawl. It's only got 3 lanes going each way and honestly for the traffic on it, it should have 6-8 lanes going each way, but they can't do that because it runs through a forested valley (hence the name).

Had a feeling you were joking but didn't want to assume. Didn't know that traffic was that bad in Ontario. I try to avoid driving in traffic whenever possible but sometimes it's unavoidable. Get off the freeway to go around the traffic and even the streets are backed up.
Hope that you can get some people to come to George's hatch day party.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Although it's not feasible to attend George's hatchday party, I'm going to bookmark it for future reference. ;)

Just to let you know...Milton throws a "cyber birdie party" every Labor Day weekend...and yes, he'll be having one this year...an announcement from him will be coming about it in a couple of weeks in the "Birdie Talk Playhouse."

When you get the chance, head on down there and read all about last year's party... :party2:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hope all is well with you & George.
We'll be having a birthday bash for Spee the sparrow next week.