• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Celebirdy of the Month - November 2018 - Henry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Thanks Claire! Is it weird that Henry doesn't have a yellow nape? When he was young he did have yellow feathers that grew in but not many and then when he molted into his adult plumage none grew back in. I was looking forward to that full nape but he's a beautiful guy in my eyes... and big!
He sure is! There is no ugly bird in my eyes! They are all gems, jungle gems.

Look at Sophie? Keel bone showing, she's not a perfectly feathered Girl, but she's beauty to me and pure sugar.

Kazoo is all green. But still a beautiful bird. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, that's all of us. We are all blessed!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
He sure is! There is no ugly bird in my eyes! They are all gems, jungle gems.

Look at Sophie? Keel bone showing, she's not a perfectly feathered Girl, but she's beauty to me and pure sugar.

Kazoo is all green. But still a beautiful bird. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, that's all of us. We are all blessed!
Gosh... who couldn't love Sophie. Those 'Too eyes just suck me in!!!!! She's precious!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
She's the best little Girl. We sure are lucky! Something about her innocence and soul you can see, heartwarming for sure..

Thank you for the kind words. :heart:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congrats. Enjoyed reading about Henry. He was a wonderful and special surprise.

RachelM

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Rachel Mayrhofer
Congratulations! Very Well deserved. :yourock::birdance::disco:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Congrats!

Loved reading about Henry...what a beautiful, complex soul...:)

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
:congrats5:
He is very handsome

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Henry is jealous that you would birdnap Wasabi and not him. :coffeescreen:
Macs and 'zons have always been a bit of a mystery to me. Macs are just impossible for me to "read"...and most 'zons I've met just give the "get out of my face" look.

Wasabi has always been a favorite of mine, because of his attitude and the thought that he is just so self-aware of himself...he knows who he is, and the world will just have to accept that fact. @Wasabisaurus is the perfect person for him...she accepts and loves him for who he is.

That being said, I never considered that any 'zon would want me to birdnap them...so I would consider it an honor to 'nap Henry...;)

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Macs and 'zons have always been a bit of a mystery to me. Macs are just impossible for me to "read"...and most 'zons I've met just give the "get out of my face" look.

Wasabi has always been a favorite of mine, because of his attitude and the thought that he is just so self-aware of himself...he knows who he is, and the world will just have to accept that fact. @Wasabisaurus is the perfect person for him...she accepts and loves him for who he is.

That being said, I never considered that any 'zon would want me to birdnap them...so I would consider it an honor to 'nap Henry...;)
Aaw.... nothing mysterious about zons really. The only mystery I can think of " Is he going to bite me or not?". Honestly, Henry would take one look at you and give you the wide eyed body pressed flat look of "Omigod.. is he going to come closer? Where can I hide?" :peek1::scared1:He is so afraid of people he freaks out if a stranger gets too close. Lola on the other hand, loves to sit near and listen to anyone's conversations and pipe in the occasional " Yeah.." And I agree... Wasabi is in his perfect home! Henry does need to come out of his fearful shell though. I wonder what he'd think of Milton?!!!

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Thanks Claire! Is it weird that Henry doesn't have a yellow nape? When he was young he did have yellow feathers that grew in but not many and then when he molted into his adult plumage none grew back in. I was looking forward to that full nape but he's a beautiful guy in my eyes... and big!

Not at all. Honduran locality napes don't have the yellow nape typical of the nominate.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I wonder what he'd think of Milton?!!!
...that would be an interesting meeting. ;) What does Henry do when he meets other birds? Milton, for the most part, is "meh" about meetings like that...because he's definitely a "human bird"...liking people over birds.

He did show some interest in meeting Elvis when he visited us last spring...Elvis was having none of it, though...he kept hissing and puffing at Milty...;)

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
...that would be an interesting meeting. ;) What does Henry do when he meets other birds? Milton, for the most part, is "meh" about meetings like that...because he's definitely a "human bird"...liking people over birds.

He did show some interest in meeting Elvis when he visited us last spring...Elvis was having none of it, though...he kept hissing and puffing at Milty...;)
Henry doesn't have opportunities to meet other birds. Once in a while he'll find his way to Lola's cage and they'll be sitting near each other on top but it's always guarded body language. I've watched them touching beaks and that is it. He has a genuine fear of her and he is so much bigger than she is. I always have to "herd" him down off her cage and back to his so there isn't an altercation. Or there are times I just go over to his cage and mess with his stuff and he'll climb off her cage and walk back over... but he'll climb down the back side to make sure he avoids her beak. He's a funny guy!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Not at all. Honduran locality napes don't have the yellow nape typical of the nominate.
Good to know. I've always thought it odd that he started out with a few yellow feathers and eventually lost them all. I know his breeder was in North Carolina, first name "Nolan". It's been years since I visited where I bought Henry as they moved further out from their original location. The last time I talked to the store owner I do remember him saying Nolan was older and not in the best of health and probably not raising anymore. Nolan would have been the one to ask about Henry.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:congrats5:
I loved reading your interview and learning all about Henry!

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
:congratualtions:Not sure why but just noticed this! How cute! Really enjoyed reading about Henry! Perfect name, looks like it fits him! Thanks so much for sharing :heart: Nice to also see the face behind the birdies too! :)

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
how did I miss this! Time for a cup of coffee to read the interview! Beautiful glowing Andrea, Happy Birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.