• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Celebirdy of the Month - April 2018 - Ella May!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
:hearye:
:starshower1:
:dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4:
It is with great pleasure that I announce the
Celebirdy for the month of April 2018,
@EllaMay 's Ella May!!!!!!
:birdance: :birdance: :birdance:
:congratsbig:

Here's what April had to say about the adorable Ella May...
1. What is your bird's name, species, age and sex?

Ella May, Congo African Grey, 19 months and she is all girl and then some.

Baby Pic
View attachment 273156

2. How did you acquire your bird?

Country Bird Aviary in Indiana she was the last baby, her Mom and Dad retired after they had her. :heart:

Baby Pic
View attachment 273157

3. Does your bird do any special tricks?

She plays Basketball with any ole object, she tend to deflate the little plastic basketballs so we go through alot of them, she likes to use anything that will fit in the basket as of late. She also plays on her Fisher Price piano which she loves to listen to the music and knows which keys plays a certain song or tune. She has a mini piano that plays children songs and also the alphabet etc and she sometimes figures out how to switch it to Spanish, she says Hola now, which is amazing to learn off a child's toy. She has over 20 children toys from baby hand held toys, the mini fisher price toy set, and 11 musical toys she loves them.
View attachment 273158

4. What are some of your bird's favorite foods?

Sweet Potato, Steamed Veggies, Grapes, Raw Carrots, Organic Spaghetti, Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Almonds and more Almonds.
View attachment 273159

5. What is the funniest thing your bird has done?

She has done so many laughing moments, this was recently... Ella had a foot toy that was made of rope and she was pulling on the ends and they flopped apart like a wilted flower, she shook it and said "Really" then threw the toy and stated "Seriously, be nice", she was totally disgusted. :laugh:

Sexy Legs

View attachment 273160

6. How has your bird enriched your life?

Ella simply makes me laugh and smile daily, she is a constant smile maker. She loves to give me kisses, when I come home from work she states "Hello, how your day" then the "Num Num" song which is adorable. When she is into something she isn't supposed to be, and I state "No" she responds with "Be nice" and stares at me, hard not to laugh. Watching her happy enriches my life knowing she is happy. She is my angel.
View attachment 273161

7. What would you tell people who are considering this species?

I would definitely recommend a ton of interaction. Ella especially thrives on communication with me, the littles, activities from toys, to things to get into that are safe. She is not a couch potato type personality and from my research that the personality of CAG's range from very active to very low key. Ella is a very Social, and goes from 1 to 1000 on speed running around. I can have the littles out the same time, she loves to run around playing with them when they are out, she gives them air kisses, they don't appreciate kisses though they tend to run the other way.
View attachment 273162

8. What is the activity and noise level of your bird?

I don't think personally Ella is super loud but Whitney my U2 she was on her own level of loud, noise doesn't bother me I like listening to the communication. Ella noise is all talking, or singing lovely off key songs she has learned from me singing to her, no idea why she sings them so off key since I think I am beautiful singer. :D
View attachment 273163

9. What are some of your bird's quirks?

Her bottom cage play toys are all on the left side of the cage, she will move them if I put any on the right side on the bottom, she is fine with the hanging toys being where ever but not the loose toys.
View attachment 273164
Another cute quirk she hangs upside down alot like a bat and then will hang seems like forever by one foot she has done it since she was a wee baby, the breeder stated she never had a CAG babe ever so little hang upside down.
View attachment 273165

10. If your bird talks, what is the most surprising word or sentence he/she has said?

"Oh my Gawd" I never make that statement, I live alone. Figured it out when talking with my mother on the phone one day, we talk on speaker and my mother states the phrase frequently. She also laughs like my mother.
View attachment 273166

11. What is your bird’s favorite treat?

Rarely gets but loves Sharp Cheddar Cheese and will do anything for a little wee piece.
View attachment 273167

Thank you so much to the person who nominated Ella May. :heart:

:congratsbig:​
What a great choice! Congratulations! I love reading these profiles!

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Congrats, and it was lovely reading all about her. She seems like a real sweetheart :)

Status
Not open for further replies.