• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Celebirdy for the Month of October 2016/Rhema!!!(Newbie GCC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
We are very proud to announce this months Celebirdy award to Rhema!!!

:starshower1::starshower1::starshower1:

What a great honor for my Rhema Reese! Thank you so much

1. How did you acquire your bird? She was a surrender to my vet's office. Her previous owner was terminally ill and could not care for her any longer. When I took Rhoma in for her check up, my vet asked if I had ever considered a second bird. Her name and coloring were so much like Rho, there was no way I could say no. It took a full year for the rest of the family to tell them apart without looking for her leg band first. Good thing they finally figured it out, because I had to cut the band off a couple months ago.

2. What is your bird's name, age and sex?
We think Rhema is about three years, but her band had a much different year on it so she may be closer to 6 or 7. Not a confirmed female, but previous owner and my vet called her a 'she', so we have stuck with it.

3. Does your bird do any special tricks?She is my shy, hard headed little girl. Everything with her is at HER pace, so any training is slow. She is finally stepping up onto a stick, and target training was first. Her special trick at the moment is just allowing me to hold her, scritch her head and break open some pin feathers, but only right before bed when the house is quiet and lights are dimmed for bed. :lol:

4. What are some of your bird's favorite foods? Jalapenos stuffed with anything! She is a great eater and will eat or at least try anything put in front of her! I was very lucky with Rheems. If she is unsure of a food, she will watch Rhoma and if Rho likes it, she will try it. The only thing she will not eat is bananas.

5. What is the funniest thing your bird has done? She dances with her reflection in the mirror. A funny little side to side, body swaying 2 step. Every time I grab the camera to record, she stops.

6. How has your bird enriched your life? The sense of calm when I walk in the door after a stressful day at work! Their cages are in front of a window and they both will start flock calling as soon as I pull up in the driveway. Neighbors must think I am nuts, but when I get out of the car and hear them calling for Momma, I will start talking back. "Hi my babies. Momma's home. I hear you." And sometimes I will walk up to the windows and really get them to screaming. It may be annoying to some, but it is my happy place!

7. What would you tell people who are considering this species? Beware the Bite, no two are alike, and have LOTS of patience! They are wonderful, funny clown birds, but are also stubborn, hard headed, independent buggars that will test your creativity while trying to figure out what works best for each individual bird. But the rewards are so worth it!

8. What is the activity and noise level of your bird? Rhema is pretty quiet. She has her moments........ when I get home, when there are other birds outside her window, and when Rho is on her cage and feels it necessary to tattle to Momma about it. Rheems isn't much into toys and things, but she loves to fly around the room. She will do circles and swoops around the room, she will climb and explore. And then there are times when she will just sit quietly and watch the happenings around her.

9. What are some of your bird's quirks?Anything new is to be avoided like the plague until it has been here for more than a month, anything yellow is the devils spawn and must be screamed at until it leaves the room, my hands ARE the plague except at bedtime, and Hubs hands are to be attacked for even considering touching her cage!

10. If your bird talks, what is the most surprising word or sentence it has said? Rhema Ree is not a talker. Not yet, anyway. I have been hearing her mumble more at bedtime, but no discernable words as yet.

11. What is your bird’s favorite treat?Safflower seeds, nutriberries, and pecans on the half shell.

20160904_111737_wm.jpg 20160522_105408.jpg 20160225_201644.jpg

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Congratulations! Great to see green cheeks showcased - but then I am a little biased.
:loveshower:

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Rhema is so pretty! :xflove:
Congrats! :cheer:

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Rhema says "Thank you". She likes that you are a little biased. They are such funny littles!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Congratulations Rhema.

Animallover03

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
:congrats5: Rhema is very pretty! :)

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Thank you! As you can see from her pictures, she thinks so too. :lol:Such a poser for pictures!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:congratualtions: Such a pretty girl. : )

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Thank you everyone! She is currently sitting on my head, reading all the comments with me. And she flew up there all by herself!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:congrats5: Rhema is adorable!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Great interview! Congratulations!

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Congratulations!
Rhema is a beautiful bird. Love her colors.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Congrats, great pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.