• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Celebirdy for the month of October 2015/HAPPY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene

It is with great pleasure that I announce the Celebirdy for the month of October,
The one and only, beautiful, Happy!

:thewave::thewave:
:starshower::starshower::starshower:

Here is what Carmen had to say about her baby!

1. How did you acquire your bird?
I had originally purchased a baby lovebird from a local pet shop. He unfortunately passed away for unknown reason and I was quite upset. I contacted a breeder and she was also flabbergasted as to what could have happened and felt so bad that happened that she told me when I was ready to let her know she would give me a baby lovie. So when her next clutch was pulled for hand feeding she let me know and I went to look. I had planned on waiting till they were weaned but happy kept following me and had a smile on that beak of hers and I fell hard for her. So she taught me to hand feed. When she was confident happy would be just fine with me...home we came (4 weeks and 3 days old).

2. What is your bird's name, age and sex?
My bird's name is Happy. She is 18 months old and is a sassy girl.

3. Does your bird do any special tricks?
She manages to fling food into the light fixtures....but I guess you mean actual tricks. She likes to go birdie bowl. If I set up Dixie cups and give her a little ball shell run the ball into them like bowling pins. She also will fetch things and SOMETIMES brings them to me.

4. What are some of your bird's favorite foods?
She loves broccoli, spinach, collard greens, egg, pecans, sunflower seeds, millet and anything mama has on her plate.

5. What is the funniest thing your bird has done?
She has constructed the funniest sayings. Her recent one is I’m a pretty (curse word that rhymes with spit). She also once got her head stuck in a little paper roll thing and did a funny little screech fit and the second I fished her out of it she went after it like she was mad.

6. How has your bird enriched your life?
Oh gosh...I’d be writing for hours. But to sum it up. She always makes me laugh, never fails to cheer me up if I’m having a bad day, gives me more kisses than the husband and has taught me about patience and kindness in a way no human ever has. She gives me something to focus on and lends me her whole heart. She is part of me.

7. What would you tell people who are considering this species?
Get ready for some fun, laughter, love and attitude. They are sweet sassy funny brilliant little birds to have, each different but a lot alike in their habits. Time patience and love is key to their hearts. They depend on you like no other and you won’t regret having one.

8. What is the activity and noise level of your bird?
Depends on happy's mood. Most of the time she has what I call calms and storms. At some moments she will be a brilliantly loud screeching and toy banging yellow ball of fluff. And then there are moments she sits quietly and soft clicks and grooms and or takes a nap or just observes the world around her. She is rarely an all day long constant screeching crazy bird. I think her activity level is average. She does get vivacious around 4pm. that seems to be her most active moments. She also talks herself to sleep. Every word and sound she knows and a combination of them both comes out of her as she is winding down to sleep. She is quite the little talker. She didn’t get the memo that lovebirds don’t talk.

9. What are some of your bird's quirks?
She will only bathe in my cupped hands under the running kitchen faucet. She loves to be kissed head to toe but doesn’t like her feathers touched by fingers unless she is fresh out of a bath and that’s only to use you as a towel. If she is dry...don’t touch her feathers lol. She doesn’t fly a lot but when she does she makes a big production out of it. She is very protective of her green and pink jingle bell ball and even her favorite person (me) is NOT allowed to touch it. She prefers baby toys over bird toys.

10. If your bird talks, what is the most surprising word or sentence it has said?
Most surprising is "bebe nite nite " (in a questioning tone) and "bebe bye bye" (in a questioning tone).
For some reason she had deemed me bebe. So when I am gone and my husband is home...he hears these two phrases over and over and over. It’s her way of asking where is mom is she gone bye or asleep. I think that is amazing for a tiny yellow lemon bird.

11. What is your bird’s favorite treat?
PECANS. She’d knit me a sweater with her feathers for a pecan. Its currency here. It’s my trick to posed photos and removing her little self OFF my lampshades as those seems to be her favorite things to chew holes in. :)

Thank you for honoring us with celebirdy of the month. I told princess happy and she screeched at me. Translation of her screech "well of course they did, I’m fabulous" . She’s not a bit surprised. But I am. And what a wonderful surprise it was.

Screenshot_2015-08-13-03-04-51.png

FB_IMG_1442489434485.jpg FB_IMG_1442642561595.jpg FB_IMG_1442642613788.jpg Screenshot_2015-07-07-18-30-14-1.png

txdyna65

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
:congrats5:
Happy is a beauty of a bird :)
I wonder who taught her that little "Im a pretty ...." phrase :lolsign:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

Matt

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
:congrats5:
Happy is a beauty of a bird :)
I wonder who taught her that little "Im a pretty ...." phrase :lolsign:
Thank you! Well the husband taught her the shhhh word. And i always say are you a pretty bird? She scrambled those into imma pretty shhhhh.
Hilarious..only hope she dosent say it should we ever have the pastor over for supper. Ha!

Kellie728

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kellie
Congrats!! :starshower: Happy is such a cutie and i loved learning more about her.

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Congrats Carmen. Happy is so beautiful.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:Congratwav: It looks like October is yours and Happy's month! I love your little piece of candy corn!:heart:

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Congrats!! :starshower: Happy is such a cutie and i loved learning more about her.
Thank you!
Congrats Carmen. Happy is so beautiful.
Thank you! She is a pretty girlie..but then im partial. Lol
Awww Happy is such a sweetheart. Loved reading about her
Thank you!
:Congratwav: It looks like October is yours and Happy's month! I love your little piece of candy corn!:heart:
I know 2 awards and 2 blue banners at once...we feel so special ! Candy corn! Lol...never thought of her like that but its true she does resemble one!

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Awe.... Happy already knew she was a celebirdy, now you do too! ;)

Big congrats on BOTH your wins. :D

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Congrats!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Congratulations to the much deserved award Happy. They have finally recognized your wonderfulness.

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I really enjoyed ready your interview! Your sense of humor made me :giggle:

Happy is a beautiful sassy little lovie :swoon: And this is a well deserved title :congrats5:

It's precious that she asks about your whereabouts when your not at home :xflove:

It's always great learning more about AA peeps and their parrots :D

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Congratulations to the much deserved award Happy. They have finally recognized your wonderfulness.
thank you!
Thank you!
I really enjoyed ready your interview! Your sense of humor made me :giggle:

Happy is a beautiful sassy little lovie :swoon: And this is a well deserved title :congrats5:

It's precious that she asks about your whereabouts when your not at home :xflove:

It's always great learning more about AA peeps and their parrots :D
Thank you. Its precious to me she asks after me too! :)

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
:heart: congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.