• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Celebirdy for the Month of May 2016/Charlie! (Monica)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
I am so excited! :birdance: :birdance: :birdance:
It is with great pleasure that
I announce the Celebirdy for the month of
May 2016......Charlie! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

1. How did you acquire your bird?
Charlie came from a member of another forum that didn't live *too* far away from me. At the time, I had a cherry headed conure that was nothing like what a conure was described. Charlie (was thought to be cherry head, too, but I ID'd him as a mitred upon seeing him) was, to everything I had read, the epitome of the word "conure"! Charlie's foster mom thought he'd do better in a home with another conure and I had hoped that maybe my own conure, Noel, would enjoy having a conure around. Although the two never truly got along, I do think that Noel still enjoyed copying Charlie. :)

2. What is your bird's name, age and sex?
Charlie, AKA Charliesaurus! ;) Presumed male at ~22 years old!

3. Does your bird do any special tricks?
I can lay Charlie down on his back in the palm of my hand and gently toss him in the air. Not a trick that I taught, though! In his foster home, Charlie wanted nothing to do with me, so his foster mom laid him down on his back in my hand to try and get him to spend time with me. Well, what do you do with a bird who wants nothing to do with you while currently laying in the palm of your hand??? :shrug: I did the only thing I could think of! And that was to start gently tossing him as he laid there! :hilarious:

He also "waves", turns around and knows a *little* recall training! :)

4. What are some of your bird's favorite foods?
Anything I'm eating, even if he doesn't like it! :rolleyes: And safflower seeds!

5. What is the funniest thing your bird has done?
While working on recall training between me and a chair, I had Charlie fly back to the chair with a treat. I then cued him "Come here!" for him to fly back to me. Instead of flying back, as usual, he pondered it for a moment, tilted his head, then looked at me and said "Come 'Ere!". I looked at him, told him "No! You come here!". He thought about it a little more, then flew back to me! :hehe:

6. How has your bird enriched your life?
He's my little 'turd, and has brought a lot of laughter into my home! :) As much as he is my little brat (re: my-turd), he still enjoys relaxing and getting some scritches. :heart:

7. What would you tell people who are considering this species?
They are LOUD, not good for apartment birds, but for the right home, they can be great companions! Obnoxious, loud, goofy, cuddly, quirky, hilarious feathered companions.

8. What is the activity and noise level of your bird?
Charlie is semi-active (not as high energy as some others!) and can be particularly noisy, but usually only in the mornings, if I leave the room without him and maybe a few times during the day. Otherwise, he's not terribly loud at all.

9. What are some of your bird's quirks?
He likes to go to a corner of his cage, stick his beak into the corner, lowers his body and quivers his wings as his begging means to come out. Charlie loves to play in, or on, carriers! If I'm busy cleaning with him on my shoulder and I bend down to grab stuff (or look in the bottom drawers in the fridge), Charlie will grab on tight to my shirt and flip forward so he can see what I'm doing. And last of all, he's become an "arm" bird and prefers sitting on my arm (or lap) over my shoulder, given a chance.

10. If your bird talks, what is the most surprising word or sentence it has said?
It would have to be the "Come 'Ere!" comment! :D

11. What is your bird’s favorite treat?

Safflower seeds :rolleyes:

03Charlie.JPG 20998_10151582602241469_2103722628_n.jpg 556807_10151002018216469_1377628048_n.jpg

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I enjoyed learning more about Charlie.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Charlie is a very handsome birdie. I liked reading about him, and loved the pictures! :starshower1:
He has cute feet!:heart:

Newbie GCC

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Charlie is adorable! Thank you for sharing him with us!

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Charlie is so handsome and I love reading about everyone's birds each month. Congratulations!

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hehe::hehe: I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that sighs and :shrug: At their parrots endeavors :hehe::hehe:

It was great learning more about Charlie :) I love the pic of him on his back :joyful: Great angle :laugh:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congratulations to Monica & Charlie.

Tanya

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name