• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Celebirdy for the Month of December 2017 - Princessbella's Bella!

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
:dance55:Hi Roadies!:dance55:
:starshower1:
:dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4:

It is with great pleasure that I announce the
Celebirdy for the month of December 2017,
Theresa's (@Princessbella ) Bella!!!!!!
:birdance: :birdance: :birdance:
:congratsbig:

Here's what Theresa had to say about the adorable diva Bella...

1. How did you acquire your bird?

I got Bella from a breeder in Virginia. Buddy, my first tiel had died of egg binding and I was heartbroken. I was on the internet looking at cockatiels and I was drawn to Bella's picture. She was only 4 weeks old. I spoke with the breeder the next day and got Bella 3 weeks later.

2. What is your bird's name, species, age and sex?

Bella is a 3, almost 4 year old female cockatiel. Her hatchday is Dec 30, 2013.
Bella on play stand.JPG

3. Does your bird do any special tricks?

Bella can unhook my knitting stitch markers, can pull my yarn from the center of the ball so I can knit, and likes to play 'where's Bella?" where she hides on top of her cage and I have to find her. She also likes to play tag on her cage top, where I have to chase her.

4. What are some of your bird's favorite foods?

Bella loves millet, Cheerios,and dehydrated vegetables, especially squash and carrots. That's because I tell her that they are Doritos. :rolleyes:

5. What is the funniest thing your bird has done?

She makes me laugh all of the time but I guess a few of the great ones are when she was throwing her toys at the Roomba, when I have to chase her because she has something that she isn't supposed to have (like chips), when I keep trying to give her vegetables and she looks at me like I am crazy, and when she runs.

6. How has your bird enriched your life?

She is great company. She loves to play and cuddle with me but at the same time, she is independent and can play by herself. I eat better trying to make her eat better. She knows when I am down and makes me laugh. Her antics always makes me smile and after a long day at work is a destressor. There is no better feeling when she is on my shoulder pressing her beak against my cheek. I live in a fishbowl at work and because of her, I get to meet other people, including the great people on this site. She also loves to travel and is very happy when she sees the hotel cage in my car.

7. What would you tell people who are considering this species?

Female cockatiels are personable, outgoing, cuddly, funny, stubborn little birds, who are great company without a lot of problems that the larger species have. They are great companion birds, especially for people like me who love birds but do not have the time or attention span for the larger birds. Bella is just as happy to sit on my shoulder when I work at home as she is on her cage top playing with her toys.

8. What is the activity and noise level of your bird?

Most of the time, Bella is pretty quiet unless she wants something. Unfortunately, a few times a year, she will scream because she is hormonal but it is usually short-lived but can be annoying. As for activity level, I would say between perch potato and hurricane. She alternates between climbing up and down her cage or on me and tearing into or throwing her toys on the floor to just hanging out.

9. What are some of your bird's quirks?

Bella has a lot of quirks. As you all know, she loves to show me the tail when she is displeased with me. She also thinks that the bathroom is evil and if I go in there, she will do anything from screeching to running in there to protect me. When she is done eating something, like millet, she drops it on the floor.
She also expects me to come and get her when she wants to hang out with me. She hates water but will do the shower dance in front of a fan. And she hates when I clean her cage.
Bella tail.jpg

10. If your bird talks, what is the most surprising word or sentence she has said?

Bella has only said one word, which was no but she has different chirps to express what she wants or feels.

11. What is your bird’s favorite treat?

Bella's favorite treat is waffles.
Bella toy box.jpeg

Bella and I want to say thank you to the person who nominated us and to AA for being a wonderful site.

Last edited:

EllaMay

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
Love reading about Bella and her personality! :congratualtions:

Fritzgerald16

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
awe that was so sweet! what a special birb :heart:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Congratulations! I enjoyed learning more about the lovely Princess Bella. :)

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Love reading about the smaller birds and huge personalities!! I'l have to share this with adopters who think a small bird means they are not very interactive!!

Thank you for sharing Bella with us!

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Enjoyed reading about your Bella.
She is absolutely wonderful!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Love reading about the smaller birds and huge personalities!! I'l have to share this with adopters who think a small bird means they are not very interactive!!

Thank you for sharing Bella with us!
If it would help getting the little ones adopted, please do. That would be a great!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Loved the interview! And more about Princess Bella!

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
What a cutie pie :xflove:

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Congratulations :loveshower: Bella is adorable. I love that she threw toys at the Roomba!! :glowlol:

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
:congrats5:

I loved reading this interview and hearing about her big personality. The cute photos were certainly a nice touch. :xflove:

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Congratulations!

The princess is going to expect a summer home , limousine pickup, and caviar or something now. She deserves it though! :ballerina:

Loved reading more about her
Thanks but she gets to go to Grandma's house every summer with me as her limo driver, and for her waffles are better than caviar.