• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Celebirdy for the month of August, 2015/Saroj's RUDY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
I am so excited to announce our Celebirdy for
the month of August, 2015
The handsome, cutie patootie, Rudy!!

:thewave::thewave:

:starshower::starshower::starshower:

1. How did you acquire your bird?
I was looking for a friend for my quaker Jackson, having miscalculated and gotten two caiques as my first 'try' at getting him pals. I stumbled upon redbellied parrots on the internet, read for 5 minutes and was smitten by them! So I called an RB breeder in Kentucky who said he didn't have babies but had a four year old talking RB who was given back to him by his very loving aging parents due to their health. I was concerned about existing emotional baggage but he said Rudy was very well adjusted (and he is!). So Rudy arrived at the airport in spring 2006. Stepped up out of the carrier saying "Rudy" and it was instant love! He did really well in quarantine, but had some flock integration issues later since he was an only spoiled bird and liked it that way! All got sorted out in in due time. So that is how I got Rudy :heart:

2. What is your bird's name, age and sex?
Rudy is a male RB, hatched in dec 2002, so he is 13 now :)

3. Does your bird do any special tricks?
The birdroom has 4 layers of quilts on the floor for crash protection for my grey Big Scooter who can barely fly. Well, Rudy likes to burrow under and chew wood in each layer. That's a pretty good trick, eh?:lol: I have to always know where the little lump is moving around so I don't step on him. Another trick he does is eat pistachios...
:hehe: okay seriously, his trick is to be a little bird with a GIANT personality who wins your heart just by his cuteness and spunkiness.

4. What are some of your bird's favorite foods?
Rudy loves bananas, sweet potatoes, seed mix, pistachios and soaked almonds, corn and peas occasionally and is currently on a steamed edamame kick. He likes nutriberries too and will eat one pellet every month (sigh). He loves TOPS Napoleon seed mix. Oh and sliced apple. He is spoiled because he eats stuff if I hold it out for him, but did okay when I went on an overnight trip in June. He also likes al dente cooked dry green peas and carrot and pomegranate juice.

5. What is the funniest thing your bird has done?
He used to say "Go poopoo", then poop and then say "yaaaay!". I just get the "yaay!" these days. He thought it was funny to dive bomb the new dumb big grey bird and make him crash to the floor, but then learned I didn't find it funny :D:. When the phone rings, he will say "hello" in his old dad's voice, launch into a conversation and end with a beep! He copies the sound of pots and pans rattling exactly and running water. He also rolls a plastic bowl around on the floor and gets mad at it and attacks it.

6. How has your bird enriched your life?
Rudy brings me joy and delight every day! He loves to snuggle down my shirt, I love him!

7. What would you tell people who are considering this species?
RB's are an excellent apartment or townhouse bird. Rarely any screeching unless he is having a tantrum. According to the breeder, they enjoy being single birds as long as you have a good amount of time to spend with them. They are pretty good talkers, Rudy has a repertoire ranging from 'you're welcome' by which he means to say give me a nut, to long phone conversations, to "there you go!", "where you going?" "Rudy show good!" (Rudy so good), "no", and he has very human like interactions with me. He's good with other people but I have to monitor him in case he flies over and latches onto their lip or something.

8. What is the activity and noise level of your bird?
Long afternoon naps and play play play all evening! He's very quiet and talks a lot but softly. He's taught my grey to say "Rudy!"

9. What are some of your bird's quirks?
You don't want to be on the phone with him on your shoulder. I learned this early on, almost got a pierced lip with no warning!
He loves to stay up late but bedtime is dictated by my oldest bird Jackson(22 yo) so he protests the whole way to his cage!

10. If your bird talks, what is the most surprising word or sentence it has said?
He always talks on cue, never randomly. So if I hand him a treat he might say in a very affectionate voice "There you go" with perfect intonation.

11. What is your bird’s favorite treat?
Unsalted organic pistachio in shell! Rudy says Yummy!

Rudy says thank you for choosing me to be Celebirdy for August. I know I'm cool and now you do too!:D

cwvDm9asA_Lw9YsGTQNy8vWzhmw.jpeg cwvDm9asA_Lw9YsGTQNy8vXDZrg.jpeg cwvDm9asA3Lw9cuGIfl5esWDJog.jpeg cwvDm9asA3Lw9ZM2gbl5esmrCg.jpeg cwvDm9asA3Lw9ZMmobl5esmrCQ.jpeg cwvDm9asA3Lw9ZNWAbl5esWzZw-1.jpeg cwvDm9asA3Lw9ZNWAbl5esWzZw-2.jpeg cwvDm9asA3Lw9ZNWAbl5esWzZw-3.jpeg cwvDm9asA3Lw9ZNWAbl5esWzZw.jpeg cwvDm9asA3Lw9ZNWAbl5esXDQg.jpeg cwvDm9asA3Lw9ZNWAbl5esXLlw.jpeg

Last edited:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I just adore Rudy. Sigh. . . .

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I enjoyed reading about Rudy!

Matt

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
All of my red-bellies were very happy to learn that Rudy was selected as celebirdy of the month.:D
Congratulations to Rudy!!! He looks very handsome in all of the photos but especially in the one where he is wearing his hat.

Last edited:

Newbie GCC

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Well deserved award for the handsome fella!

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Good job Rudy, and a big congrats! Your cuteness has won us all over. :)

Greycloud

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh Rudy Tudy you so deserve this award!!:heart:

Vegemite

Real Name
Lynne
Well done and congrats Rudy

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Congrats. Love you Rudy. I just love that picture of Rudy looking up the dolls dress!!!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Congratulations Rudy.

VictoriaVague

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
:heart:Love Rudy:heart:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
And you're one heck of a photographer Saroj.

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Wow! So great to learn more about Rudy. He is really special. Congrats

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra