• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cayenne Pepper really works for Bleeding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Last week my Mom and I clipped Squeeky's nails as usual. They were getting so long and getting caught in things. I don't know how it happened but somehow I cut one of Squeeky's nails and it bled. I quickly went and got my cayenne pepper and added a little water to it to make a paste like consistency. Within a minute or so the bleeding stopped. I was amazed at how quickly it worked and it I don't think it stung him or anything because he didn't act like it hurt. I am glad that I had this on hand and the cool thing is that you can also use it yourself too! Just wanted to share :)

Sailor's Mom

Sprinting down the street
Someone else said cornstarch works just as well. Can anyone confirm this?

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Thanks for sharing Miriam.. :) I have Cayenne Pepper at home too just in case but I haven't had to use..

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
BF has convinced me that Cayenne Pepper is a necessity for my birdie first aid kit :D

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
thank god Squeekster is ok..yes, cornstarch works ok but cayenne pepper is better

hotfoot jackson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sue
In an emergency clean spider web works well too...its protein and binds with the protein in blood and helps form a clot. And yes..my house isn't the best kept we always have spiders webs about...but we don't have to spray. Yes I have used cayenne pepper and recommend that too.

Sparky04

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kiersten
I've always used cornstarch or flour, but it's good to know cayenne pepper works.

CeddysMum

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
I had to use cayenne pepper once on Ceddy after toe nail clipping ...

... fast forward and I managed a nasty deep cut on my right thumb recently, bled like crazy, blood everywhere within seconds! Standing next to the pantry, out came the cayenne pepper, I poured oodles of it on the thumb before covering it with a bandage (the cut was too long for the size band aid I had handy).

It stung just a little in one tiny spot for about 5 seconds and then *No More Pain* at all and the bleeding stopped in a couple of minutes (usually takes much longer). And I have to say, I've never had a cut heal completely that fast either.

Status
Not open for further replies.