• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cauliflower

Status
Not open for further replies.

juliashmulia

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julia
Silas has become quite the little broccoli-lover (yay!). So today I gave him some cauliflower to try since they're similar, and he gobbled that right up too! I just wasn't sure how nutritious it is. Anyone know?

Last edited:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
my guys love cauliflower here is what I found on it

This food is very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Protein, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Magnesium and Phosphorus, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Folate, Pantothenic Acid, Potassium and Manganese.

Read More Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Cauliflower, raw

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
We love cauliflower here (birds and humans) :)

TikiLola

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Alida(Aleeda)
Mine love the purple cauliflower! I'm always excited when I find it. :hehe:
Oddly enough, they won't eat the orange or white.:rolleyes:

Parhelion7

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kylee
White cauliflower is Ziya's favorite veggie. :)

juliashmulia

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julia
Wow, I was not aware there was such thing as purple or orange cauliflower. To be honest I think that would weird me out too much to eat it, lol. But I love white cauliflower, cooked or raw, and I'm so glad that at least one of my fids does too!

TikiLola

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Alida(Aleeda)
There is green too!
I won't eat the colored ones either. :hehe: Mainly because it's at least double the price of regular (sometimes more! I once paid $5.99 for one head!~but in my defense I hadn't seen the purple cauliflower in 2 years!):rolleyes:
Times like those make me agree with the few people who know about my birds and say I am "so weird" because I go all out for my animals but I won't buy anything for myself unless it's on sale(including food!):p

juliashmulia

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julia
There is green too!
I won't eat the colored ones either. :hehe: Mainly because it's at least double the price of regular (sometimes more! I once paid $5.99 for one head!~but in my defense I hadn't seen the purple cauliflower in 2 years!):rolleyes:
Times like those make me agree with the few people who know about my birds and say I am "so weird" because I go all out for my animals but I won't buy anything for myself unless it's on sale(including food!):p
Lol, I know what you mean. My dad thought I was joking the other day when I told him we're looking for a bigger apt. so we can have a room just for the birds. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.