• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cats, cats, and more cats

Ribbit21

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Keri
Two months ago we adopted a sweet 1 yr old cat named Freya. Unfortunately she died less than a month later of an incurable illness.

The rescue felt really bad about Freya's death and said we could pick out another adult cat.

So, we decided to adopt 2 yr old Fiona. She is a ball of fun!! Such an amazing personality. She follows me around the house and is so young and full of energy. She was a foster mom to many kittens and has such an even temperament.

My husband felt especially bad about Freya's death since he had insisted on adopting an adult cat, while I wanted a kitten. The last 3 cats we adopted, before Freya, were adults that were 10+yrs old and had health issues. I loved them all and I highly recommend adopting adults, but I was tired of the death and sickness and loss that comes with adopting elderly cats.

So, 2 days ago my husband encouraged me to take a look at the kittens at the local animal control since they were having a kitten sale. Of course I couldn't leave without one!

Here's little Finnegan!! He's 10 weeks old.

So hard to take pictures of a kitten!

I named him Finnegan because we got him and Fiona so close together and the Gaelic form of Finnegan is Ó Fionnagain.

Last edited:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
He's adorable, sorry for your loss. It's great that you help the kitties!

kathyth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kathy
Beautiful kitties!!
Sorry you lost the first one.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

Matt

birdle

Rollerblading along the road
that's so sad about freya but you gave her a home in her last months, and now you get to save the lives of two kitties!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Two months ago we adopted a sweet 1 yr old cat named Freya. Unfortunately she died less than a month later of an incurable illness.

The rescue felt really bad about Freya's death and said we could pick out another adult cat.

So, we decided to adopt 2 yr old Fiona. She is a ball of fun!! Such an amazing personality. She follows me around the house and is so young and full of energy. She was a foster mom to many kittens and has such an even temperament.

My husband felt especially bad about Freya's death since he had insisted on adopting an adult cat, while I wanted a kitten. The last 3 cats we adopted, before Freya, were adults that were 10+yrs old and had health issues. I loved them all and I highly recommend adopting adults, but I was tired of the death and sickness and loss that comes with adopting elderly cats.

So, 2 days ago my husband encouraged me to take a look at the kittens at the local animal control since they were having a kitten sale. Of course I couldn't leave without one!

Here's little Finnegan!! He's 10 weeks old.

So hard to take pictures of a kitten!

I named him Finnegan because we got him and Fiona so close together and the Gaelic form of Finnegan is Ó Fionnagain.
I'm sorry about Freya, she was a very pretty kitty. Finnegan looks like he may have a litt "vim & vigor" (polite version) to him. When you say Gaelic - do you mean Scottish, Irish or Welsh (though distantly related0?