• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cats and ringworm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoosierparrotmom

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Katie
We just found out our cats have ringworm. They are former shelter kitties and completely indoor here with us. Spicey, our longtime cat, doesn't show any signs yet, but the vet said to quarantine them all together while we battle it.

Anyone have experience with this? I know we used to check for it on arrival at the rescue, but other than that its pretty weird that they all the sudden have an outbreak of it. Makes me wonder if one of the dogs is a carrier.

Quiverful

Life is a gift:)
Real Name
Dawn
I know it's tough to get rid of. I got it on my arm from a kitten at the vet clinic and it took months to completely go away. I think the issue you might have is the passing it around and new patches popping up.

Good luck!

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
This is going to be a rough road for you to get rid of...
I am so hoping you can get some meds and make sure you are cleaning her area EVERYDAY....:hug8:

Hoosierparrotmom

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Katie
I got some meds now, but with three cats, three dogs, and two kids,.....I'm holding my breathe and praying to God. We cleaned all weekend but its here until its gone, from what I can tell in my readings.

I've been told in healthy individuals it is self-correcting, so as long as we don't add to our zoo here (no new pets for awhile) and keep everyone that comes down with it on plenty of meds, it should not be the end-all be-all of our existence. Or so I've been told, LOL.

My mom is freaking out, but seriously, what can you do? I wouldn't give up rescuing pets just for a lifetime of living in a slightly more sterile environment. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.