• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Catching Strays Question

MandaExotics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
For stray cats that will not go in a trap and has figured out how they work apparently, what else can you do?

Any advice?

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I caught several feral cats in a cat carrier. Started putting food in to get them used to going in. Tied a string to the door and had it hanging inside the house through the patio door. See 1 in, quickly pull string, open patio door and latch carrier closed. You have to be fast and they have to get comfortable in the carrier first. :)

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
i wish you luck

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
That is a pretty good idea I might have to try that. We have two huge tom's that think my place is the kitty fight club every other night. Hubby finally heard them fighting tonight and was like what the heck is that. I told him "Kitty fight club round 3". He asked me "Your joking?" Told him "Nope that get that loud". The first time they fought they left piles of fur all by the side of my car and one of the got slammed up the side of my car and left a fur smudge. It got real serious that night.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
That is a pretty good idea I might have to try that. We have two huge tom's that think my place is the kitty fight club every other night. Hubby finally heard them fighting tonight and was like what the heck is that. I told him "Kitty fight club round 3". He asked me "Your joking?" Told him "Nope that get that loud". The first time they fought they left piles of fur all by the side of my car and one of the got slammed up the side of my car and left a fur smudge. It got real serious that night.

Cats mating also sounds like a nasty fight! Lots of screaming. :o:

Rolanda

That gave me a good smile to my work day. Did they leave you a bad of soap? LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!:blahblah:

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Lol @Rolanda I couldn't get that lucky the next day the orange Tom was limping so I know he got his butt wax on the side of my car to go with the missing fur.