• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Cat scratched Lovebirds Eye

Ilse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Em
Rockiewound3.jpg Here's a picture, I just noticed that little bump beside her eye, maybe she took some feathers off? She isn't closing that eye completely but I'm assuming that's because of the gunk beside it.

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
@zoo mom auto correct is amazing lol. I meant 0.4. I had to use the same amount for Gracie because she is so little. With her metcam she gets 0.3.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Poor little gal. Why not go take a nice hot bath or shower and take her into the bathroom with you? Close the door, set her up with a nice little towel to sit on and let her rest? The humidity and heat might help soften up that gunk. I wouldn't try cleaning it off without consulting the vet, jmho. It could be a scab.

Ilse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Em
@Garet That sounds like a great idea! It's been worrying me so much that I wanted to try to get it off but the possibility of it being a scab had me unable to do it. I have a few things to do today but once I'm home again and I'm 100% sure the cats aren't roaming, I'll do that!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@zoo mom auto correct is amazing lol. I meant 0.4. I had to use the same amount for Gracie because she is so little. With her metcam she gets 0.3.
@metalstitcher Do you mean .03 Metacam? Lucy was only getting .07 and she weighs a lot more than Gracie. Does depend on the concentration but I assume that yours is compounded the same as the one I get because it's from the same place.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
@Ilse No problem, I really hope it helps out a little. :C Poor little Rocky's really having a bad week, ain't she?

How are you holding out? Are you taking care of yourself, too? I know how easy it is to focus all your care into a pet and not look after yourself.

Ilse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Em
@Garet Well, funny enough I just got home from an appointment with my doctor and now I'm on antibiotics too! I managed not to notice my finger that swelled up and had a red mark on it, so we're just assuming it's a spider bite, hah. But other than that I'm doing just fine, thank you!

Garet

Real Name
Garet
@Ilse it's great that you're taking care of you, too.
:sadhug2:
What you're going through is hard, but you'll get through this. The harsh times don't last forever.