• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cat insurance

Ribbit21

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Keri
Anyone have pet insurance for their cat? I have a total of 5 cats and really can't afford to insure them all but I have a feeling our newest, Finn, is going to be trouble. Everything goes in his mouth and I mean everything! He's 5 months old so hoping he grows out of some of this behavior.

Just the other day I saw him eat a random fuzz ball that was on the floor. Do dust bunnies have flavor?! Then today he found a 3 inch long nail and brought it upstairs. No idea where he is finding this stuff. We are very careful to not leave anything out. I caught him with a screw and a spool of ribbon the other day. I broke a glass on Christmas and he managed to find the one little piece I missed and tried to run off with it!!

He will eat anything food related also! Dog food, people food, bird food, really whatever he can snatch when you aren't looking. He is an accident waiting to happen. The vet doesn't think he has Pica because he is not really eating the inedible stuff. He just carries it around, plays with it for a while and then carries it to a new location. I'm just afraid he will find something really dangerous or swallow metal/glass by accident.

Any who, just looking for ideas on pet insurance that really covers treatment related to blockages and abdominal surgery.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Is it possible that he has pica?

Matt