• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Castiel has escaped!!! [UPDATE - FOUND!!]

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Yeah :hug8:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
He's back!!!! I heard him shouting last night from about 300 yards away hidden in a grove of trees. I followed his calls and found him!!! I was barefoot walking through a heavily wooded area getting eat up by fire ants and dodging rattlesnakes but I found my baby boy!!! I called to him and he flew to my mother and landed on her head as she stood outside the tree grove in the open. I am so HAPPY!!! We were all worried about that little guy. Baby is back!!!!

View attachment 260133 View attachment 260134 View attachment 260135 View attachment 260136

oh thank goodness!! Wonderful news! :dance4:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
We are going to be WAY more vigilant and I would never clip my babies wings. When a door opens now we will have someone watching Cas at all times. I live with my mother and father because it helps me with my PTSD and my TBI that causes seizures. So someone is always here to watch baby. I was blown up in Iraq is why I have issues. Cas helps me a lot. I don't have children so my pets are my children. Never been married either but that is Ok because I am happy with my feathered and furry family members. He will not get a chance to fly away again. I don't think we would make it without him. He is the smallest and probably the most loved member of our family. :)
OH my son was blown up too, he has TBI also. :sadhug2:
I'm so glad you got your baby back!

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Been watching and so glad you got her back and she's happy to be home. They don't always know how to fly down and that dooms some of our lost flockmates.
I put up a magnetic screen door that springs closed when ever you go in or out. We lost Lurch do to a dumb mistake so adjusted the entrance and how we come and go. I don't want Dobby to have anything similar happen. It's great to hear a good outcome. :highfive::laughing12:

Sweet Louise

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Thank you for your service and sacrifice. Excellent news on Castiel's return!! I placed Louise's cage where she does not have a clear shot at the door, I always check to make sure she is not in pre-flight mode before opening the door, and I have a storm door that opens in the opposite direction, so as one door opens, the other closes- and I move quick. If I have to bring things in and out of the house, she goes into her house (hate to call it a cage), and/or I use the garage entrance with the garage door down/doors to the outside closed. I imagine it is tougher with the more people who live in a house, more traffic in and out, more to watch out for....

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Tell your Son my brother I'm glad he's home and thank him for me for his service.
I sure will. :) He was in Iraq and Afghanistan, a total of 7 documented explosions.

And of course, thank you for your service as well. My heart is with you and your TBI, seizures, and PTSD.

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
I carried him home underneath my shirt. I can't believe he didn't freak out and bite me. I think he was just happy to be going home. :)
Maybe he did and you just didn't notice or care lol. I could see that happening! Didn't notice until now it's an old post....glad things are good now! :)

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:bliss::yahoo:...Wow!!!! I carried a tiel on my chest running in delusion when I thought the world was going to end. I had a few scratches but no bites...They know when they are in safe arms & hopefully we will always know that too.

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
:bliss::yahoo:...Wow!!!! I carried a tiel on my chest running in delusion when I thought the world was going to end. I had a few scratches but no bites...They know when they are in safe arms & hopefully we will always know that too.
That's true...before Fred allowed us to handle him (very soon after we got him ) he would sometimes get spooked by a noise in the house and take off. I was so nervous for him I didn't hesitate to pick him up, cuddle him and tell him he's ok! This happened 2 or 3 times in the beginning. He has never bitten me, not even a pinch. I realize now we read each other very well....@cassiesdad says we're on the same wavelength. I can see that. They have very human emotions even though they may not express that.