• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Castiel has escaped!!! [UPDATE - FOUND!!]

Castiel

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gary
We opened the door and he shot out like a rocket. We have looked for hours for him and have set his cage with his food outside in the front yard. You guys think there is any chance he might come back? My mom and dad are both sad as am I. We loved that bird. But I think he is gone. We keep hoping he returns but we live out in the country in the mountains with trees everywhere. There is no end to where he can fly to. I can't believe how fast and how far he flew. He was gone in a second.

Here's to hoping for his return and we will keep looking and watching and waiting.

IMG_3719.JPG

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Don’t give up on him! Move his cage outside with food and water. Go out walking and calling at dawn and dusk and any other times you can. Put posters up with his pic, name, info, your phone number and reward if you are offering one.
Good luck! I hope he makes it home. :hug8:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Castiel

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gary
Don’t give up on him! Move his cage outside with food and water. Go out walking and calling at dawn and dusk and any other times you can. Put posters up with his pic, name, info, your phone number and reward if you are offering one.
Good luck! I hope he makes it home. :hug8:
We will keep looking and calling to him. I am wishing now we had clipped his wings but I hated to do that to him. He seemed happy flying around in the house. I didn't want to take that away from him. :( I am hoping he will see his cage in the front yard with his food and come back.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
We will keep looking and calling to him. I am wishing now we had clipped his wings but I hated to do that to him. He seemed happy flying around in the house. I didn't want to take that away from him. :( I am hoping he will see his cage in the front yard with his food and come back.

Not being clipped will help him find food, fly back and escape danger. My Pogo was clipped and flew out and we didn’t find him in time. Don’t beat yourself up about keeping him flighted. Just concentrate on getting him back.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Oh dear! He will be frightened,,,look high and low, keep calling him. Take along your carrier in case he sees you and comes to you. Hope you find him quickly!

Castiel

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gary
Been all over the place and no sign of him. We have crows that would chase him around here and hawks. Still looking and hoping though. I will never get another bird again. I can't believe he just flew and flew forever like he did.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Oh no. I hope you find him. Keep looking. Also, notify your police department. My friend lost his bird and someone turned him into the police station. And put up flyers too.

NK_717

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Play familiar noises with a speaker to try attracting him...or even 'too noises.
I'm so sorry he got out :sad1:

Edit: also, get out there early. Before the sun rises and search all around.. if you have binoculars they will be great for scanning the trees.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I am wishing now we had clipped his wings but I hated to do that to him. He seemed happy flying around in the house. I didn't want to take that away from him. :(
Not being clipped will help him find food, fly back and escape danger. My Pogo was clipped and flew out and we didn’t find him in time.

Clipped birds get out all the time too. My mom's cockatiel did and unfortunately didn't make it either :( I have also lost a bird to the great outdoors. I never once wish I had clipped her.

There are usually a lot of Facebook groups you can post to also. Also put up a listing on craiglist.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry. Don't give up looking for him, though. I hope he finds his way home.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
This last summer one of my tiels was lost for four days before she came home. We live in a forested area too. For the first day, I couldn't find her outside at all, but that evening we finally saw her in a tree next to our house. When she knew we had seen her she tried to fly down, but flew to another tree. As the days wore on, she flew farther away, and to taller trees. The last day I couldn't find her anywhere. After over 24 hours of not seeing her, she heard my other birds and came flying across the sky towards our house. She eventually landed on a neighbor's low garage roof, and then it took 20 minutes of coaxing for her to land on my head. Don't give up, your bird could still be close and hiding scared. I hope you find your bird soon!!

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Oh man Im so sorry to hear this ...keep walking around calling his name look for perching places at dusk and dawn ..dont give up hopefully he will come home:bluhug:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
When Pistachio flew away we were lucky enough to find him in a tree in front of our apartment office sundown that same day. It was a really windy day and he tried hop down to us branch by branch, but didn't try to fly down. We were able to coax him down low enough for my husband to reach him by jingling our keys in our hands.

I later read that it is not natural for birds to fly down and that even though they may be scared they get quiet when they see their owner because then they feel safe, so both of those make it harder but it might be useful to know.

I hope he comes home safely and soon! :angel1:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Post on Facebook and ask everyone to share. Post on craigslist too.

Our bird flew away and I posted on CL and the person that found him put him on FB and another person put the 2 of us together. We got him back.

:sadhug2:

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I'm sorry that this has happened and I hope he comes back soon.