• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Caring for our birds - Do we have....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tailsoflove

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Dawn
a place were people can go to post information about needs they may have for bird sitting/care while they are away, ill or whatever the case may be? I find that there are so many people (including myself) who are reluctant to take in any more birds because of the lack of help and also the uncertainty of leaving my precious flock in the hands of a non-bird person for any extended period of time. I think it would be great to have a forum where people can post what their needs are, where they are located and then get in contact with people in the area willing to help and maybe even in exchange for shared services. You never know..you could be living right around the corner from a very good, responsible bird person!! I think this may be a very helpful/viable solution for people who are in a situation where there is a temporary need for help in the case of an illness or sudden personal emergency and many people make the decision to rehome their beloved birds. Any thoughts?? Thanks for listening!!

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Dawn, I think it's a good idea.

Merlie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Dawn ..

I agree!! I don't have anyone I truly "trust" to care for my birds if I had to go out of town, or if I were ill.

Last edited:

Brigidt36

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
As has been proven over and over again all of us neighbors are always willing to jump in and help out in any way we can.

tailsoflove

Real Name
Dawn
ok, so how would we do this and where would we start? Could we contact one of the board admins to see if it was something we could start an actual forum for?

jamie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jamie
I think it is a good idea, but I don't think we need to get too formal about it right now. I think that, for starters, anyone who is planning a trip out of town can post a message in the "Around the neighborhood" forum and ask if anyone in the area is available for bird-sitting. If things work out well, maybe we can look at adding a separate forum for this purpose.

Good Luck & Let's see how it goes :D

tailsoflove

Real Name
Dawn
sure you do :greet14:
oh wait, do you truly "trust" me?? :lol:You might come back to at least one empty cage!!

Dawn ..

I agree!! I don't have anyone I truly "trust" to care for my birds if I had to go out of town, or if I were ill.

hotfoot jackson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sue
I think its a great idea. I had new hips put in a couple of years ago and wasn't worried about the ops but more how my partner would cope with looking after my corella...she did just fine. But I did wonder how I or anyone else living alone would have coped. If we can set up some system to help with this it would lighten the worry for lots of folk.

Merlie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Dawn ..

Oh, I trust you .. completely, but if you had to babysit some of my birds, you may end up hating me and never wanting to see me again. You have sweet, calm, quiet birds .. I have twisted terrors who can make your ears bleed!!

oh wait, do you truly "trust" me?? :lol:You might come back to at least one empty cage!!

pineview01

Why do you have to tease so:hehe: I wouldn't be so lucky that you would want to rehome one of my monsters! My DD's are always trying to disown me after they house set for a week:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.